33

An Chang Qing continued to feel nauseous the whole trip back to the manor. Thinking how Taizi-fei could still oblige the prince and deliver the wine to him, An Chang Qing felt that he was being eyed by a den of poisonous snakes.

Rubbing his arms and pulling a long face, he mumbled, "I have to take a bath, this is making me uncomfortable all over."

Xiao Zhige smiled but quickly turned gloomy as he thought of something. After a while, he patted An Chang Qing's hair and said, "Go ahead. You can ignore the crown prince, he wouldn't dare to do anything for now."

"What about after?" An Chang Qing asked with a frown.

"After..." Xiao Zhige smiled confidently, "Worry not, there is no after for him."

An Chang Qing's eyes turned bright. Thinking of how this man would eventually ascend the throne, there was indeed no future for the crown prince. He happily nodded, "I'll be taking my bath then."

The hot water had been prepared the moment the servants saw their return. Soaking in the warm water, An Chang Qing's body was thoroughly warmed and he began to feel sleepy...

Xiao Zhige had been waiting in the bedroom for a long time but did not see him come back. Worried, he walked to the bathroom and called out to him but he did not get a response.

He hesitated, but still concerned, pushed the curtain and entered.

Steam was swirling up in the bathroom. As he walked in, he saw a naked An Chang Qing leaning against the edge of the bathtub. Xiao Zhige called out to him but he remained silent. When Xiao Zhige hurriedly pulled him up, he found that An Chang Qing was sound asleep.

Xiao Zhige was speechless and he couldn't help raising his lips. He found a large towel to wrap An Chang Qing up and brought him back to their bedroom.

It was probably the alcohol taking effect that no matter how much Xiao Zhige fiddled with him, An Chang Qing continued to slumber away. A red face with trembling eyelashes flickered over his tear-mole, like the flutterings of a butterfly.

Drying his hair and putting on clothes for him had caused Xiao Zhige to break out in a sweat while An Chang Qing had slept all the way through.

Finally, he lifted the blanket and laid down next to him.

A satisfied An Chang Qing rolled into his embrace and buried his face on his chest. Xiao Zhige looked at him warily and sure enough, An Chang Qing raised his head seconds later and asked, "Why hasn't Wangye read to me yet?"

Clearly, Xiao Zhige had been reading to him to lull him to sleep these past few weeks.

Xiao Zhige had no choice but to start reciting texts from the book on warfare while stroking his back.

An Chang Qing made a few 'hm hmms', signifying his satisfaction.

But because he could feel the eyelashes flickering over his skin, Xiao Zhige knew that An Chang Qing was still awake, probably having some strange thoughts or intentions. He regretted for a moment for having let him drink those cups of wine.

He heaved a long sigh. After a while, there was no more movement from the person in his arms. Just as he was about to confirm if he was asleep, he heard him speak softly, "You've never kissed me."

Xiao Zhige, "..." his mind turned blank as he stared at the person in his embrace.

Under the influence of alcohol, An Chang Qing was bolder and a lot more thick-skinned. With blushing cheeks, he complained, "Before, I was the one who kissed you. Now it's your turn to kiss me."

He then closed his eyes and waited shyly for Xiao Zhige's incoming kiss.

Xiao Zhige was frozen in place but his heart was beating many times faster even than when he fought his first battle.