Can You Keep A Secret?

The next day...

Neil wakes up and see a nurse changing his IV drip. Still no Claire. He thinks to himself:
She is probably treating patients or in surgery. Again.

Outside, Shaun is walking towards the room and sees Claire in a room, two doors away. Dr. Lim looks at Shaun, then looks at Neil, then at Claire and then back at Shaun.

"Why is Claire here? Was she Dr. Melendez's donor?" he asked.

Dr. Lim pulls him aside, away from Dr. Melendez's room door.
"You have to keep this a secret. It is not neither mine nor yours to tell."

"Secrets ruin friendships. He has the right to know." said Shaun.

"I know, but it is not our responsibility, Shaun. Now, if you go in there, you need to lie if he asks where Claire is or you run out and say you need to go to Lea. Is that clear? " said Dr. Lim.

"No." replies Shaun. He walks inside Dr. Melendez's room while Audrey rolls ger eyes, shaking her head.

"Shaun! I am glad to see that you're okay. How is Lea?" asked Neil.

"Hi, Dr. Melendez. She is better, thank you for asking. How are you?" he asked, in a hurry. He then checks Dr. Melendez vitals.

"Umm... I am a little better than yesterday." he says, looking confused at Shaun. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

Shaun slows down and looks at Dr. Melendez.
"Hmm... No reason."
He continues with taking his vitals.

"Do you know where Dr. Browne is? I thought I would have seen her by now. Is she in surgery or in the residents' lounge?" asked Neil.

Shaun looked up at him.
"Your lactate levels have decreased. You should be able to go home in about a day's time. I got to go check up on Lea."

"Wait..." Neil tried to stop him, but he already left.

He lies in silence.

Shaun ends up checking up on Lea and afterwards, he checks in on Claire.

"You need to tell him, Claire. Now." said Shaun.

"Hey Shaun. I am doing okay, thank you for asking." said Claire, sarcastically.

"Hi Claire. That is good. You have tell him!"

"Shaun, I..."

"Now!!" said Shaun, raising his voice.

"Do you want Dr. Melendez to hear us?" asked Claire, rhetorically.

Shaun was not sure whether or not he should answer.

"In any case, I am going to tell him later." she added.

"I hate secrets." said Shaun, storming out.

Claire turned around, walking back towards her bed, feeling frustrated.

"He is right. You need to tell him. You can't avoid him forever." said Dr. Lim as she entered Claire's room.

"I know."

Later that day....

A knock is heard on Neil's door. A head is all he can see.

"Claire. You're here. Where have been all this time? I know you were treating patients, but surely you could have made time in between." said Neil.

"I am sorry. Also, I have to tell you something." said Claire.

He nods his head and she enters the room.

His eyes widened in shock.