Chapter 26- War Among Lovers

"Clink!" Go the keys as I throw them into the granite counter. I sigh slightly as I collapse onto the couches, rubbing my forehead, "Stupid teachers....."

A door opens and I hear a person enter the room. Jack collapses onto a opposite couch, grinning, "What's up little duck?"

"What?" I ask, annoyed.

Jack shrugs, "What's up?"

I moan, throwing my head back against the couch and shutting my eyes, "I sent Mat to fourth grade in Mythical Academy, but freaking teachers saw me and started yelling at how such a bad student I was and I would never be accepted! Ugh!"

Jack purses his lips, "What are you doing bad in?"

"Math...."

"Omg, I suck at math too!" Anna pipes up as she jumps onto the third couch. Athena mumbles something about school as she grabs an apple from the kitchen and collapses next to Anna.

Linda and Will take the seats next to Jack as a deep voice smirks, "You know, I'm pretty good at math...."

I groan louder causing chuckles to erupt through the crowd as Ethan leans over me. His electrifying blue eyes holding mine as he flashes that famous smirk, "I could tutor you."

I raise my eyebrows with my head still back, "Oh really? How are you going to do that blood-sucker?"

"Easy. All you have to do is add the bed. I'll subtract the clothes, you divide the legs, and I'll multiply." Ethan wiggles his eyebrows.

My jaw drops. "Nope nope nope!" I rapidly stand up, walking away from that bastard of a vampire dragon thing, "In your dreams lover boy!" I say, crossing my arms.

Ethan winks at me, "mmm, yes, in my dreams that does come true."

"Ew! Ew! Okay okay, you know what, I'm done! I'm done!" I throw my hands up quickly walking out of the house. "God damn vampire dragon thingy..." I mumble to myself as I storm to the chilly outside.

It was pitch back. The stars shining brightly and the moon giving its blue glow. There were no lights, only the deep blue sky and the blackness of the forest.

"Ready for the 'real night'?" Ethan asks from behind me. I nod my head I lean into him, smirking at how he tensed.

 Aw poor baby, not used to me being comfortable with him.

"Yes. You promised me a while ago a 'real night'."

His arms wrap around me, as he nuzzles his head into my neck, "I know, I just wasn't sure you were ready especially when you hid your power...."

I sigh as I hear the couples from inside start to move around.

Turns out, K-8th grade, or primary school, in Mythical Academy is at night time. So we don't have to worry about Mat and have the night to ourselves.

"So my lover birds, ready to go?" Athena chuckles. I instantly lift off Ethan before smirking, "I can say the same to you, lover bird."

Athena blushes, shuffling a little away from Jack and closer to me as everyone else leaves the house. Ethan steps up, placing a possessive hold on my shoulders.

My friends smirk and begin to make kissy faces at me and Ethan as his back was turned. Like a toddler my tongue darts out before I cross my arms and annoyingly look straight.

"Alright everyone! As everyone knows, tonight is 'real night'. We had a load of games and activities for the whole night..... But first rules."

Everyone gives a little groan before Ethan shoots them a shushing look. He clears his throat and continues, "No sexual contact or activities please, and otherwise, have fun!"

Ethan winks at me causing my cheeks to turn scarlet. "Now for the teams...... "

My eyes widen as I get an idea. I break away from Ethan's clutch, stepping up, before shouting, "Boys vs Girls!"

I freeze. Why the heck did I just want to be in control all of a sudden? I chuckle uncertainly before looking back to Ethan. He was actually thinking about the idea.

Everyone was.

What? Why are they accepting me? This is weird....

Athena, Anna, and Linda begin to chant, "Boys vs Girls. Boys vs Girls. Boy vs Girls!"

Soon the boys join in and everyone is but Ethan are chanting, "Boys vs Girls!"

I turn around smirking at Ethan with the chanters behind me, "Do we have a deal, team captain?" I stick out my hand, stupidly grinning.

Ethan raises an eyebrow before smirking, "Deal....."

He grabs my hand and we shake. Though shivers were running up and down my spine from his touch.

I grin, "Let the games begin!" Again.