Chapter 6- Home

Kate p.o.v

The rest of my classes were a blur. They were all really boring and no fun. It was just rules, rules, rule, another rule, and more rules. God it sucks. But it is even scarier now that they are over, I somehow have to sneak away. I am not staying at that pack house! I wait for the bus, hidden in the forest, just listening to the world around me.

I lean against a tree, listening to make sure no one was following me. My legs were crossed, and my shoulder held all my weight. The bus zooms in, and squeals to a stop.
I sigh, almost there. My feet crunch the leaves underneath me as I walk steadily toward the bus.

"Where you goin' runner?" Ethan's voice comes from behind me.
"Shit!" I mentally cuss, freezing in my tracks. My heart races as he comes up behind me.

"Now now runner, what did I tell you about cussing?" Ethan says in my head, coming closer to me until I feel his breath tickling my ear. I gulp, tensing, "I'm going on the bus." Then snarling, "Get out of my head!"

He chuckles, one of his hands playing with a strand of my frizzy hair. "It's time to go home, little one." His breath gave me ice cold shivers as he leaned closer to my skin, kissing his bite. I feel my breath get heavy, how is he doing this to my body! I have been with tons of other guys who had tried to do this with me, all of them quickly learned never to do it again. Usually because they ended up in the hospital or dead.

"Remember Runner, I am a vampire, that is one of my tricks. Both tracking you by using my bite and making you feel this way........"he whispers in my head. I feel my heart race, tracking me?!?

"Come on, let's go home....." He whispers, pulling away and giving a slight tug to my hair.
I sigh, defeated. Turning on my heal, I follow him through the woods, noticing how he makes no sound compared to my stomping. My eyes scan the forest as we go. Large pines, maple trees, and leaves covering the floor in a blanket.

He all of a sudden breaks to a stop, my body crashing into his. My feet loose their balance on the slippery leaves and I feel myself tip backward.
"Woah!" I yell, falling backward. My body tenses as something catches it. I peep open an eye to find Ethan holding me by my waist, amused. Such a clíche moment.

I suck in a breath as I remove myself from that position. Too awkward, too romantic.
Ethan sniggers, "Don't like romance do we, runner?" He sends me an air kiss before smirking and turning away to continue the walk toward my new home.

Cocky vampire!
I growl, my eyes scanning the floor for something to chuck at him.Perfect! My hand grabs the rough pine cone, weighing it. I grin watching Ethan's bobbing head. I fling the pine cone to Ethan's Raven hair with deadly accuracy.

With an easy dodge, he flips around smirking, "Missed me. You got to try harder runner."
I grin back, watching the pine cone bounce from tree to tree, "Don't need too...."

"SMACK!" The pine cone collided with Ethan's head making a satisfying crack. Ethan grabs the back of his head in pain, his eyes squeezed shut. He takes a deep inhale before snapping open his eyes, "What the f*ck?" He asks, angry. He takes a step toward me, his eyes red.

He was scary looking, but I was quickly taken in with the victory of revenge. I tilt my head, a smile from ear to ear, "Don't cuss, vampire...." I snap back, crossing my arms in victory.

----------------
Ethan P.O.V

Oh f*ck no, did she just use that line on me? I chuckled inwardly at her snappiness, but defiantly not liking it. I grit my teeth, trying to control my anger. The pounding where the pine cone hit me was not helping either. I scan her petite body. Her wild hair to one side as she looks so proud for that move. She looks so confident behind those crossed arms, and smug smile. I have to admit it was a good move. I did not expect for the pine cone to bounce off trees. I sigh, noticing her uncomfortableness with me staring at her, with only a glare on my face.