Chapter 3- Fights

"Hello class!" grins the young teacher. She was a beautiful female, probably in her late 30s with blonde hair and sharp grey eyes.

She turns around, looking at all the students in the circle around her, "Today, we are going to see what level each of you are and place you with the class you belong. There are four statuses. We have Outcast status, which is the lowest one and where you know no fighting. The next level is the Free-runners where you know some basic fighting moves and techniques. Then we have Normals where you do fighting but are not advanced or had no real fighting experiences. Finally, we have the highest class, Pureblood. If you make it here it means you can beat or equal our best fighters. You must have speed, strength, experience, and know more advanced fighting moves."

She flashes us a smile, showing her sharp teeth, "We begin fights in 10 minutes!" She snaps her fingers making everything disappear.

I land with my face slamming into the hard floor. A hiss of pain erupting from the back of my throat.
"Ooh, you must be that free-runner girl! Sorry for not warning you!" A high pitched voice says worriedly.

I push myself up from the tiled floor and notice that I have been teleported into a locker room. I rub my forehead, looking around the area. To my left showers and bathrooms. To my right a long row of lockers with two lockers on each stack. My eyes finally travel to the girl in front of me.

She gives me a small smile, "Forgive me?"
"Wait what? Oh Ya! Sure I guess..." I respond, mumbling, still lost trying to figure out how Ms. Fangtooth, the teacher, teleported us.

The girl goes into a full-blown smile, flicking her golden brown hair away from her eyes. Her caramel eyes shine as she holds out her hand, "I'm Anna. I'm an animal transformer!"

I smile, I already like this girl, she doesn't seem to care that I am a free-runner, "I'm Kate. I'm not really sure what I am..."

Lies. I'm an animal transformer too.

Anna smiles, "Well you don't have to worry about the fight. They put all new free-runners with easy people so you won't get hurt."

I raise my eyebrow at her. She grins, "I'm guessing you don't want easy?"
I smile back, "You got me."
We both burst into laughter. After catching our breaths, Anna leads me to my locker; which, conveniently, was right next to hers.

I pull out a pair of grey capris sweatpants with an orange phoenix logo on the bottom and a black tank-top.
"Are these mine?" I ask Anna.
She nods her head, smiling, "All of our clothes and supplies are gotten for us before we arrive.

"Ah," I quickly slip off my soaking clothing and put on the tank-top and sweatpants.

"Oh! Make sure to tie up your hair in a ponytail! Ms. Fangtooth is very picky about that on the first day." Anna quickly pipes up as she finishes tying her sneakers.

I roll my eyes; I hate having my hair up when it comes to fighting, people can use the ponytail against you. Long hair too, but mythical creature fighting? A ponytail is easier to pin-point with magic. But I did what I was told.

Hooking my arm up with hers, Anna takes me through the locker room and to the fighting room.

My mouth drops and a slight smile reaches my lips. The place was amazing! It was at least two stories in height with hanging ropes, steam beams, slabs of wood, pipes, and anything else you can think be hanging. Right smack in the middle was an area with a cushioned floor. Around the arena lay all sorts of weapons and other tools.

"This is amazing!" I squeal lightly, noticing how the room's outer wall could open like a garage door to show the outside field. Anna laughs, "I'm guessing you like fighting?"