Chapter 28- Love or Life

I scream as the duck tap is ripped off my mouth. I was in a dungeon room with my girlfriends and I all on our knees and tied up. Black-hoodies men surrounded us like body guards, keeping a tight circle. The room itself was made up of stone, there were no windows. The room was illuminated by old-fashioned torches on the walls. In front of us was a large plush red throne. And who was standing at that throne? Sheila, of course.

She glares down upon me, though keeps her tense posture near the throne. A familiar voice echoes out, "Your highness! I have retrieved the girls......"

My head flips around as I snarl, "You bastard! Why did you do this!" I struggle against my ropes as I try to attack Pierce.
"Because I paid him too, honey." A deep voice echoed.

A growl rumbled in my throat as my head snaps back to the King, or my father. He was dressed in golden king robes and was slowly walking towards his throne.
"I'm not your honey! But I see you finally got that kingdom you wanted, Daniel."I hiss. My hate-filled eyes were locked onto my 'father'. The girls had the same hateful glares.

"Yes you are my little dragon. I am your father, and since I am king, that makes you a princess. If you stop fighting I can give you all the riches of the world. I just need a few experiments to be done with you."
"Why the fuck would I want to be Princess? I don't want all the God damn riches of the world, I want to see my MATE and all my FRIENDS safe at the pack house, with you gone or dead!"
Daniel, or my father, purses his lips, "I'm afraid I cannot do that. However, if you do not cooperate, I will have to send you down to the torture chamber, my dear. And your friends too."
"I will never team with you!" I spit.

Daniel flicks his hand as Sheila gets a strange spark in her eyes, "Guards take them down to the chamber."

Then all of us girls began screaming and shouting and fighting with all of our strength. But it was no use. We were thrown into the chamber like we were feathers. I send one hateful glare around the room, catching Pierce's guilty eyes. I mouth out, "You. Will. Pay." Then the door slams behind us and we were pushed in through the dark dungeon. We topple into a cold stone room and the bars shut and lock with a loud, "CLANG!"

I grasp the metal bars that held us. What have I gotten my friends into?
I turn to my friends and look at them with sorrowful eyes, "I'm so sorry girls for dragging you into this. I promise when we get home I will leave the pack and reduce your worries."
Their mouths drop, "KATE! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!! We don't want you to leave! We all bring problems into the pack, but we all share a bond of love that none of us can break." Athena, Anna, and Linda all flash these dazzling smiles.
"Oh girls, I love you guys so much!" I broke into tears and rushed at them, grabbing them into a hug.
When this is over, I am defiantly choosing to stay with them.

--------2 days later----------

Daniel mumbles something to his scientist while I was shivering in pain on the floor.
The last two days of torture was unbearable. Everything from spikes, to rocks, to boiling water, to fire was used on me. I was curled up in a ball, tears gently running down my face as I was dreaming for escape, and my body slowly shutting down.

"Crash!" An object sounded in the dungeon. My eyes shut as the pain swept me away into a safer place, a carefree place. A place were I would no longer have to live to go to. I whisper in my head, "take me away....."

Warm hands grabbed me and I feel a faint buzz of energy from a mate bond. "Kate! Kate! Kate! No, no, no! You can't die on me!" A pained voice shrills next to me, though their voice sounded miles away.
"We got to get out of here! The place is gonna blow!" another familiar voice yells. I feel my limp body being lifted as something warm drips onto my lip and into my mouth. I see the tunnel of light and I begin to float closer. But then, something stops me.

"Kate. Swallow this. Please. Please stay alive, I can't loose you! I-I love you......." The voice whimpers as I feel myself being lifted and carried away. I freeze in my way toward the light before slowly feeling myself return to my body. I gulp down the warm liquid before my consciousness shuts down and I am carried into a darkness that might mean my death.