Chapter 29- Love Wins

"Beep. Beep. Beep."
I numbly open my eyes. Everything was blurry and hush whispering was heard from the side.
I blink a few times, and slowly a hospital room comes into view.
"Beep. Beep. Beep."
I look around, I was connected to a heart rate monitor. Tubes and other wires were connected to me and I blink again.

I shuffle in my bed before doubling over into a coughing fit.

"Kate!" A familiar voice shouts with worry. A warmth fills me as I suck in a breath. I lean my head back against the pillow and give a small smile to Ethan. "Hey there blood-sucker." I weakly whisper and give a small smile.

"Hey." He smiles, tears welling up in his eyes as he takes my hand. "Oh Kate, I thought you were never going to wake up."
He squeezes his eyes shut and looks down, squeezing my hand like his life depended on it.

I sit up, slowly regaining my energy.
"E-Ethan, w-where am I?" I look around in fear, noticing this wasn't the pack house, or the mythical hospital.
Ethan sighs, "You are in a human hospital."

"What?! Why?" I instantly tense and look up at Ethan with fearful eyes. A shining light flashes into my eye and I wince slightly. I look at the fingers holding my hand and gasp. "You're engaged?!?"

Tears fill in my eyes, "W-who-W-Why--what?"
Ethan sighs, "you have been in coma for the last month and a half. My father, the vampire King, kicked you out and sent you here for you couldn't agree if you wanted to stay with us.... He then made me get engaged with Sheila; not knowing what her father and she did to us. But I couldn't get him to listen." Ethan gives a hurt scoff, "Anna, Léo, Will, and Linda left the pack. Athena and Jack finally got together, and when they did, they also left... Mat, the boy you saved from the alleyway was given to a foster home. They love him like their own son. Though they do not have any children other than Mat. Still, the pack broke apart and Daniel is still ruling an underground kingdom with Pierce at his side."

My heart breaks. Everything collapsed. I again was a free runner. However, my friends were free runners too.....

I could see his eyes get watery. I gently caress his face. He was still my mate. I wanted him to be happy with his life, even if my sister took it from him. "I'm sorry...."
Ethan leans against my hand, his eyes closing and he sighs in partial relief. When is gorgeous blue eyes snap open again, they were full of confidence.
"No Kate. I am sorry, I am your mate. I should have cancelled the wedding, I should have never given up on you, I should have....." He pauses and catches my eyes. "It's not that I should have. I will do.... I'll be right back Kate. I have some calls to make."

He releases my hand and starts to exit the hospital room. Instantly my loneliness gets to me. I didn't want him to leave!

"Wait Ethan!" I call after him. However, he already left my room and was strutting toward the hospital exit. I find hidden energy in my limbs as my scar bursts into life. I rip out the tubes and shuffle off my bed. I roll off and land with a hard 'thud' on the floor. I groan out in pain but then my animal side gives me more power. I wobble up onto my two feet and shuffle towards the cabinet in my room. Surprisingly, I find my clothes there. I quickly get changed, my muscles slowly coming to life as my animal side and scar gave me power to do so.

Then, I run. Shouts of surprise are thrown my way as the humans who took care of me just saw their coma patient running way. I had to get to Ethan! I could see his fading figure as I get closer to the door.

"SLAM!" I get knocked to the ground. I look up in fear as I see a guard holding me down.
I see Ethan get into his car and the car drive off.

"No!" I shout and start to wiggle. I throw the cop off of me and yell back, "SORRY!" Then I run outside but Ethan's car was already speeding away down the street.

"Ethan!" I scream, but with no avail. Stomping my foot in anger, I look around. The hospital was in the middle of a forest. Hearing human footsteps running toward me, I dart sideways and run towards the forest. My animal power roars inside me as I jump into super speed. I run and run and run deeper and deeper into the forest. Finally, the sound of human footsteps disappears from my extra-sensitive hearing.

I close my eyes and concentrate. My bones start popping and scraping as I feel them start changing and moving. My body elongates, and my skin turns silver. A wind whistles through and I shut my eyes as my transformation finishes. Opening my eyes, I grin, flashing my fangs. I was back into dragon form.

I jump into the air, and fall back down. I have never actually lifted-off before. I try again, and suddenly, I was high in the air as wind catches my wings and lifts me upward. I was flying!
I mentally grin and push my wings down, shooting myself forward. The trees fly by like lightning as I zoom through the skies, following Ethan's car. As I get closer, I notice the top open. I fly a little ahead, and swoop down lower. Then I transformed back. Just as I had calculated, I perfectly fell down and landed right through the open roof in the co-drivers seat.

"Woah! What the f*ck Kate!" Shouts Ethan in fear before calming down. "Kate! What the f*ck are you thinking!?!" He shouts in worry.

I shrug, trying to cover my naked body the best I could with my arms, "I had to tell you something."

Ethan grits his teeth, "What did you have to tell me that was so important that you had to transform midair to land in my car?!?"

"I love you too." I whisper.

"What?" Ethan's tone drops.
"You told me you loved me. I love you too." I whisper back.

Ethan glances sideways at me, seeing if I was telling the truth. But I wasn't lying, I was dead serious.

"Oh f*ck Kate. I love you too!" He lunged at me enveloping my lips with his. I freeze in surprise before closing my eyes and giving in. His soft lips moved against mine and I moan in bliss. His hand goes into my hair and the other around my back, pushing me against him. He gently nibbles at my bottom lip, wanting entrance. I give in.
Finally, I break the kiss in fear and the need for breath. "Who is driving the car?!?"
Ethan's face pales, "Nobody is." His head snaps toward the road and he screams, "We are going to crash!"

I scream and squeeze my eyes shut. But when only the peaceful rumbling on the engine is heard I open my eyes to find Ethan smirking with his hand barely touching the wheel.

"It's a self-driving car if it needs to be." He says simply.
I glare at him, "You bastard of a blood-sucker."
He smirks and looks at me. "You know you love me."
"I do no--!" He cuts me off with kiss. He breaks it and looks back at the road. I lick my tingling lips, "I do love you."

He smirks with victory.
"So where we going anyway?" I ask.

"Not we, me." Ethan's jaw clenches.
I roll my eyes, "Ya, as if I would let that happen. You can't worry for my safety, for if you lock me up, I will only escape and put myself in more danger." I grin.

Ethan glances at me sideways. He then chuckles, "I can't persuade you otherwise?"
"Nope!" I grin, popping the 'p'.

He smiles, "Fine. We are going to the palace, to talk to my father."
My animal side purrs at how he uses 'we'.

I scrunch my eyebrows, "to talk about what?"
"What Daniel did to you, my pack, and everything else."
My eyes glance down at his ring, "What about the wedding?"

He looks down at his ring and snarls, "F*ck the wedding!" He rips off the ring and throws it out the window.

I can't help but grin. I tilt my head, "No cussing vampire..."
He chuckles. "God damn I missed you."
"I missed you too. Can I have some clothes?"
Ethan glances down at me and I blush.

He sighs and points to the back seat. "Some of your clothes are in the white bag over there."

I narrow my eyes, "Why do you have clothes?"
He shuffles, embarrassedly, "Um, they had your scent and were the last thing I had of you left." His voice breaks as my features soften.
I kiss him gently on the cheek, "Well, I'm here now."
I crawl to the back and quickly put on some clothes. I crawl back to the front.
"Oh and by the way, I missed you too." I say.