Follow the Leader

Y/n's POV
I had been driven do a small circular building and rushed inside, where I soon found out it was much larger than expected.

"Ms Venable," a short woman with dark hair greeted me, "it's lovely to make your acquaintance," she bowed a little.

"I'm not Ms Venable. I'm y/n Howard," I whispered.

"She didn't come after all," she frowned and looked at me, "how old are you?"

"Twenty two, ma'am," I smiled.

"I serve you now, Ms Howard. I'm Ms Mead and you're the leader of this outpost,"

"So I'm in charge?"

"Yes, but because of your age, we can't make you known to the other residents," she explained, walking me to a room.

"So I have to be leader, stuck in my bedroom?" I questioned.

"No,"

And then she pushed open the huge wooden door, revealing a huge metal one and handing me a key.

"Your room, Ms Howard," I unlocked the larger door and was met with a grand hallway, followed by several other doors, a staircase at the end and a strong smell of rose and lavender.

"Woah," I breathed.

"I suppose you won't have any trouble leading from here," she muttered, as I walked in further.

"This was meant to be Mina's room?" I turned to her.

"Ms Venable's, yes," she stood there for a moment as I walked around in small circles, taking in my new environment, "will that be all, Ms Howard?"

"Yes, I think. Thank you," I grinned and she nodded.

"You have a call button by the door if you need my assistance," she pointed to a black button next to the door frame, "have a good evening," and then she left.

I stared at the wall for a moment. Before running up and down the hallway and up the stairs and into the landing. I started at the end room and found a massive bedroom, a few bathrooms, a music room, a big wardrobe room thingy, an office, a living room, kitchen and finally, a huge illuminated heated pool, with two diving boards and a wave machine.

I wasn't sure what was powering it, but I didn't really care. I threw my clothes on the side and jumped in, letting the warm water cover my skin. After thirty minutes in the pool, I got too depressed and wasn't sure whether my face was wet from tears or the pool, so I decided to get out.

I changed into some fluffy purple pyjamas and sat down on my bed, sighing. My bag was next to the front door, so I ran downstairs and grabbed it, pulling out my rainbow blanket and carrying back upstairs. Mum had made it for me a few years ago and I never went anywhere without it.

Only when I got back into my bedroom, did the realisation hit me that I was alone. Mum was dead. Mina was dead. Lana Del Rey was dead. Lady Gaga was dead. Matt Maltese was dead. Sarah Paulson was dead. Everyone, apart from a few hundred, was dead. And I couldn't leave my room to meet the survivors.

Fuck everything.