Safe

TW: mentions of drinking bad stuff, death, murder.
It's probably the most graphic chapter I've ever written, so just don't read it if you're easily put off :)

Y/n's POV
"He's in the living room, be careful. There's glass everywhere," I said to Ms Mead, walking down the stairs to see her stood in the hallway.

"What on earth happened?" She frowned, looking at me with confusion.

"I have no idea. I just walked in and they two of them were drinking the air-cleanser base. I got it out of Wilhelmina but I didn't have enough time for Gallant," I whispered, not believing my only friend down here was dead.

"How did they get it?"

"I'm not sure. It was in the cupboard and I think they thought it was alcohol," I explained, walking into the living room.

Gallant's body was fizzing slightly, with blood seeping from his nose, mouth and ears but he continued to move towards us, his body crawling slowly through the shattered glass.

"Y/n," he coughed, throwing up lumpy blood everywhere and reached out to me, making me step back, "MAKE IT STOP Y/N SAVE ME!" He screamed, standing up so I could see his melting insides leaking everywhere, before he ran towards me, pinning me against the wall with a bloody hand.

"MS MEAD DO SOMETHING!" I shrieked, fearing for my life, as he squeezed tighter, coughing blood and insides everywhere.

"SAVE ME Y/N!" He shouted, covering my face in warm blood, making me look down to protect my face. His intestines and various organs were hanging down from the gaping hole in his abdomen, with a web of veins and torn muscles keeping them together. His blood continued to seep out across the floor, but his grip tightened, making my body feel fuzzy from the sheer lack of oxygen.

BANG.

And his body jerked slightly but his grip tightened.

BANG.

BANG.

BANG.

He released me, making me splutter and then he turned to stare at the door, where a very pale Wilhelmina was stood holding my revolver between her shaky hands. She shot him twice more, as he started to stumble towards her, but fell at her feet, as his body went into spasm.

Blood was coughed up everywhere, all around the walls and I think he burst a lung, as his breathing became erratic and part of a balloon-like organ came up through his torn oesophagus. One more shot from Wilhelmina, and he went still, with only a slight trickle of blood from his eyes to show his finality.

The three of us stared at him for a second, before I turned to Mead and signalled for her to leave.

"Did he get to you?" I whispered to Wilhelmina, who was still looking at Gallant.

She just shook her head and tried to walk towards me, stepping over Gallant's body.

"No. I'll come to you. There's still glass everywhere," I stopped her and she nodded, watching me walk across the room.

"Would I have been like that if you hadn't made me throw up?" She asked shakily, pointing at Gallant.

"Yes," I didn't want to think of that.

"Thank you then. It's all my fault," she sobbed, sitting on the floor and pulling her blood-covered legs up to her chest.

"It doesn't matter whose fault it is. You saved me. We're safe now," I whispered and kissed her forehead, leaving a red mark on her temple, "I need to shower," I looked at myself in the mirror.

"I need one as well. I'll use the ensuite room," she said emotionlessly and we made our way up the stairs in silence.