Friends

Gallant's POV
Oh shit.

She looked me over once. Twice. Three times. Tears had formed in her eyes, and she was shaking slightly.

"Who are you?" She whispered, and I was correct. She matched that voice.

"I'm Gallant. Who are you?"

"Your leader," she spat.

"Nice to finally meet you. Nice place you got here," he nodded, looking around awkwardly.

"Why are you here?" She frowned, moving a little closer to me.

"I was just curious," I shrugged.

"Curiosity killed the cat Mr Gallant," she smirked. I knew the rules and I knew this meant I would probably be murdered.

"You're upset," I frowned, watching a single tear roll down her face as she turned away from me.

"I'm fine," she sniffed and started to walk away down the corridor to some carpeted stairs, but I was faster. I ran up to her and spun her around, only just catching her from falling.

"Talk to me," I said quietly, standing her up straight again and flattening the crease out of her silky blue dress.

"I miss people," she whispered softly, looking down at that book again.

"Who?"

"No. I miss people. I miss having people around me. I miss talking to random people about random shit. I miss not being alone," she sobbed gently, and all I could do was move closer and take her in my arms. At first, she seemed hesitant, but then I felt her arms go around my neck, and she held me back tightly.

"I can be a person," I laughed, "you can talk to me about random shit,"

"Really?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah!" I grinned, as we pulled away and I wiped her tears, making her smile slightly.

"Hang on then," she walked to the door and pressed a little black button, and we stood in silence for a moment, before Ms Mead walked in.

"Good evening Ms Mead,"

"Ms Howard, is there a reason he's here?" She glared at me.

"Yes. He's permitted into the west wing from now on. I'm removing his curfew too," she explained.

"Yes Miss," and then she left again.

"Can you swim?" My new friend turned to me and put her book down on a coffee table.

"What like in a pool?"

"Yeah,"

"Yeah,"

"Do you want to go swimming with me?"

"When?"

"Now. I have a pool," she giggled.

"A POOL?!"

"Yeah!"

"LETS GO!!!" I yelled and she dragged me into a dimly lit room with a huge lit up pool in it.

Without any warning, she unzipped her dress, so she was stood in front of me in just a bra and panties, before she jumped in and started swimming the length of the huge-ass pool.

Shocked, I did the same, stripping down to my underwear and jumping in too. Surprisingly, the pool was really warm, and then the waves started.

I looked over the pool confused, to the girl, who had her hand on a button, and was laughing at my reaction.

"YOU HAVE A WAVE MACHINE?!" I laughed.

"Yeah!" She grinned, and we spent the night laughing and swimming. I found out her name was y/n Howard, and she was never actually meant to be leader here, but hey, I'm not complaining.