Nighttime Hunt

(2 months later)
Y/n's POV
As my clock struck eleven, I finally stepped out of my apartment and made my way down to the common room. I often left my rooms on a night, just for a walk.

My big navy blue dress made a quiet crinkling noise, as I walked down the stairs of the outpost. My curled hair bounced softly against my dress, and my fingers danced lightly over the hand banister.

Silently, I slipped into the common room, and made my way over to the bookshelves. I had a small library in my office, but it only stored roughly two hundred books, and I had read all of them within my first month of being here.

I slid a random book off the self, and sat elegantly on the black sofa and looked at what I had chosen for the night.

I smiled softly upon seeing the title To Kill A Mockingbird- Harper Lee. Wilhelmina's favourite book and mine too. Although I had read it over ten times, I never grew bored of the words, or the ideas, it was just so beautifully written.

As I opened the cover, I heard what sounded like a snore. At first, I was scared, but it didn't last long, I was the boss after all.

Closing the book, I stood slowly, put it down on the sofa and walked over to the bookshelves again, before moving around them and finding a blonde man, in a purple suit, asleep on the floor.

As much as I wanted to wake him, I decided it was best not to. I didn't need to be known by the residents here; without making a noise I picked my book up again, and ran back to my rooms, my dress making a slight rustling noise through the halls.

Gallant's POV
What the fuck? No one here wore blue. I pretended to be asleep, and I felt them near me for a while, but then they left the room. I ran behind them in silence until we reached the west wing. Now, rule four says I'm not allowed in the west wing, but curiosity got the better of me, and I followed the person.

They disappeared into a room and I thought I heard another, heavier, door close too, but I kept going.

What if this was the leader? Everyone thought they were a man, but I had other ideas. Once or twice, I had heard heels clicking down the corridor on a nighttime, but we were all locked in our rooms, so it would have had to be a grey because Mead never wore heels. But then I found out that the greys didn't wear heels either. Meaning whoever it was, I didn't know them.

Now, I know that's a little random, but I'd heard Mead talking to someone before on a night, in the halls. Again, I heard the heels, but there was another woman's voice. A higher and colder, yet more melodic voice, that echoed throughout the corridor. I had spoken to every single person down here and I knew, for a fact, that I didn't recognise that voice. And the heels with it? I think that's a little more than a coincidence don't you?

I pushed open the wooden door, to be met with a metal one. I knew I shouldn't have entered, but I couldn't resist. I opened it and was met with the woman in blue, staring at me with tears in her eyes and a book in her hands.

Oh shit.