Wilhelmina Venable

Y/n's POV
The sirens echoed through my apartment and I rushed around waiting for Ms Mead to show the hell up.

"Ms Howard," she finally said, walking into my room.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" I hissed, rounding on her.

"I've been trying to figure out who has arrived," she sounded agitated, and then looked at Gallant, who was laying across my sofa and completely fed up of my panicked state.

"Well? Who is it?" I frowned, averting her attention from Gal.

"A young woman, we're scrubbing her down right now and then shall I send her to you?" She asked.

"Yes. What's her name?"

"She claims she is Ms Wilhelmina Venable,"

"W... what? No. She's dead."

"She says she is the woman who was supposed to lead the outpost in the first place, but some complications came up and that's why she's so late," she huffed.

"Tall woman?"

"Yes,"

"Cane?"

"No, but her back shows signs of recent operation,"

"Red hair?"

"Yes,"

"Holy fuck. Take me to her," I whispered, grabbing a fluffy towel from my clean laundry basket.

"That's not a wise idea Ms Howa-,"

"TAKE ME TO HER!" I screamed, making Gallant jump.

"As you wish," she mumbled and walked out of my room, with me following and I left Gallant in my room, he didn't need to see this.

"NO STOP PLEASE!" I could hear screams from the decontamination rooms, familiar screams.

Wilhelmina.

"GET OFF HER!" I boomed from the doorway, making everyone stop what they were doing, "LEAVE!" And the two greys scurried from the room, "and you too Mead," I growled, so it was just Wilhelmina and I alone until the room.

I looked down at her naked, bruised, cut body, crying softly on the floor. Her eyes were closed and she was surrounded by her own diluted blood. Across her back, there was a huge scarred line down the middle... she'd had an operation?

Slowly, I walked into the room, examining her weak form.

"Hey, shhh," I whispered," kneeling next to her.

"Y... y/n?" She sobbed.

"Yeah, it's me," I smiled softly and put my towel around her, making her wince a little. Gently, I sat her up and pulled her into my lap, pulling the towel a little tighter around her.

"I'm so sorry y/n," she sobbed quietly.

When I looked down, her big eyes were looking up at me and were swimming in tears.

"Hey, it's OK," I smiled and squeezed her a little, "Are you OK? Where's your cane?"

"The cooperative... they... they dragged me from the h.. house and operated on me to make me a... a perfect leader," she whispered.

"They got rid of your scoliosis?"

She just nodded, her wet hair sticking my my face.

"Let's gets you to my room and dry you off, then we'll talk. OK?"

"OK,"

I scooped Wilhelmina up bridal style and carried her to my rooms, her hair dripping down the corridor.

Before I opened her door, I kissed her damp forehead gently, and smiled at her.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too,"