Key

Lux

"Why do both of you have to look at me like that?" Georoff chuckled as he placed his hands out, and on his skin a nervous drop of sweat. 

"Why is she still alive?" I leaned forwards, purposely smacking my hands on his desk, just to startle him a bit, just to make the whole thing believable. 

"You too are really confusing you know that?" Georoff looked me in the eyes as he tried to back off, and I couldn't tell yet if this was part of his act too, after all, he did give me the note, he did lock us in that weird contraption. "You two are going to have to deal with each other, orders are orders." He shrugged back as his hands went to one of the nobs. 

"I want to rip her throat out-" I leaned in closer to him, as his eyes seemed to bulge, as if it was too cheesy that he wanted to laugh, but as I looked towards the girl sitting in the chair, her arms crossed, her feet out, she thought it was real, with the way her eyes looked at me. 

"Well don't. You know we aren't supposed to murder our co-workers-" he chuckled as he peeled my hands off of his desk. 

"Co-workers?" Ahsoka spoke with a sharp edge to her voice as her eyes glanced out to me with deep hatred, 

"Yeah, you said you wanted to join the Empire, and you did prove yourself, your abilities are just what we need, plus we know that you were a part of the order, meaning you know things, and you said you hate them so what does it matter to you?" Georoff looked at her with more sincere eyes instead of the ones of humor that he glanced occasionally in my direction. 

"Oh and, I forgot to mention one other thing, you have to train her. remember just don't get her killed." He stood up from his desk as he placed a file in my hand before he practically threw us out of the door. 

I lay on the floor still,  not caring about the pain on my backside. I flipped through the file/mission, and all I could say was it was too good, and all I knew was that he must have done some good convincing, he must have pulled so many strings because somehow I was assigned to train her to become and an agent for the empire. 

"Come with me," I called back to her coldly as I led up the hallway, her footsteps steady behind me. 

And yeah, I was afraid that she mind put me in a chokehold or attack me, but I don't think she would, not then, not now, not when even working for the empire seemed to be a better life than whatever she must have had before. 

I led her into my quarters and locked the door behind me, and checked to make sure they hadn't bugged it, and thank goodness they hadn't because they weren't supposed to. 

She stood right against the door even when I flopped onto my small bed with a sigh, the file slipping to the floor. 

"I'm sorry I strangled you, I had to get us out of there, I didn't actually want to murder you to anything." I sat up as I watched her eyes look around at the disaterous place. 

Who could blame me for never cleaning? 

"Ahsoka?" I asked out her name as her attention came back onto me, and her eyes, when she looked at me, she looked as if she was seeing a whole different person. 

"It was all?" She gulped as she saw the bareness in my eyes, as she saw as if I had been peeled as she could really see me now. 

"It was, all, it was well, mostly an act." I chuckled nervously as I wrapped my neck with my hand. 

She paused for a moment before she stepped over to me, her face close to mine. "Thank you, Bonteri." She breathed out with a sigh, as she could tell now that she could let go, for the way I did, she hadn't thought that I had changed. 

"Did you mean what you said?" I turned to her as she sat down sudden;y on the floor/ 

"What?"

"About hating the Jedi?" I knew that it still maybe wasn't my place to ask, but I wished to know. 

"Yeah, I- did." She was soft as I looked down at her, how small she looked, I've, i'd never seen her look so small, look so vulnerable. 

"You need a change of clothes don't you!?" I sprung up with an added pep to my voice. "I don't know if you were issued anything yet, so you can just borrow something of mine." I jumped off the bed, as I raced over to the small closet-like thing I owned, and I could see her head tilt to the side in confusion.

"How are you so nice to me, Lux? Even after everything?" She stood up and walked behind me, for I could feel her breath on my neck, I could feel her heart form inched away.

"Because you taught me, to always help others, to be kind. That when something bad happens, when dak things happen it isn't the end" I spoke out gently towards her as I looked back at her for a second. "I might not like working for the empire or the way the world or my life has turned out, but you are good and you mean a lot to me." I handed her a grey jumpsuit, that she took lightly into her hands.

"Lux, I'm really sorry." She dove into a hug, her arms wrapping around my small frame, as I could feel her head against my chest, and holding her in my arms just felt right, just felt warm and like nothing I've ever felt in a while.

"No, thank you, for showing me, how to live."