Only Some find Peace

Ahsoka 

"Lux?" I called out into the darkness as I had stared up at the ceiling for hours, watching the room grow darker.

"Yeah?" He wondered out with a grumble as I didn't hear him move.

"Are you awake?" I didn't move either, but i clenched the sheet that covered my with my fist.

"Yes, I am." I heard him sit up now, as I could guess that his eyes probably looked down to wherever my figure was.

"Ok," I called out to him as I continued to be still, my eyes flipping over every tile that I had counted on the ceiling.

"Can you sleep?" He asked.

"Nope." I responded my voice gentle, as I heard his breath.

"Come here." He didn't order, although with his voice it was like he called me, like he wished to draw me in.

I rolled off the sheet as soon I tiptoed over to him, and slipped into the bed, where to my surprise he moved over and wrapped his small arms around me. I relaxed my head on his chest as I could feel his steady heartbeat.

"Is this your solution?" I giggled softly as I wrapped my arm around his thin waist, the feeling of his ribs laid under my hand.

"It depends. Do you like it?" His voice was soft as he still had that accent, that was oh so attractive.

"I do." I nuzzled my face into his chest as he held me tighter, and he was warm. The floor was cold, everywhere I had ever slept since, was cold, but his arms- they were warm ,they felt safe, as if the only thing that could ever hurt me was him, but he wouldn't do that, not now. "Do you want to know something?"

"Hmm what?" He snag out slightly his voice growing sleepy.

"There are 68 tiles on the ceiling of this room." I told him softly as I could feel my eyes growing heavier.

"Haha, you counted?" He laughed briefly and it felt weird at first, since my head was on his chest, but at the same time it was oddly comforting.

                                                                                     Lux

The sun had just begun to rise, the fresh morning rays slipping their way through the cracks of the blinds. The soft yellow glow began to fill up every corner of the room, and Ahsoka, she was still fast asleep, her arms locked around me.

She weren't going to let go.

I watched her as I felt her breathing, she was alive, she was finally sleeping, getting the rest that she hasn't gotten in, I didn't even know how long.

She looked peaceful now, her face it was rested, this must be how she looks like when she's off guard, and it sure makes a difference, she looks kind, gentle, beautiful.

She trusted me. She found trust in me enough to sleep, and that- that means something.

I hoped that this morning would never come, that we didn't have to pen her eyes so she wouldn't have to let go .

"I love you Ahsoka." I whispered down to her before I bent my head down the slightest to kiss her gently on her forehead, and she was radiant with the warmth of my body and the blanket.

Sorry this was a pretty short chapter, but I hope you liked it :)

May the Force be with you <3