Jack Skellington

Note: The Addams family will be mentioned. Just not in this fan-fiction. Thanks for wondering.

It was December 24th, 2004.

Dawn has been approached.

The sky was brightened by the morning sunlight. It shines onto the Halloween Town. And onto the haunted home. A house of Jack Skellington the Pumpkin King. Xmas was near.

The skeleton got a letter from the Addams family. He wore his usual black with white-striped outfit. Jack Skellington reads the written note.

Dear Jack Skellington,
We are just checking up on you about your celebrations. Halloween and Xmas. Wednesday and Pugsley have grown up (18 and 16). My daughter is going to be in college soon. She's going to be writing about you. And my son, he's doing a terrific time with me. Following my footsteps as an Addams. My folks are doing well. Uncle Fester blows his dynamites as usual. Lurch loves his krupnik (harpsichord). Mama Addams is all right (Madame Bovary). Thing is handy with us. Cousin Itt says hi to you and Sally. I didn't just write to you for hearing what's up and all. Morticia and I found something that may interest you. We got it from the auction weeks ago. It's called The Black Sand Hourglass. Legend has it. The trio of unnatural fright would flip over the hourglass. Bringing back the three witches from Salem, Massachusetts on Christmas Eve night. Do you believe that was true? They said it's just a legend. Write us back anytime what you think. We're just curious. No rush.

Merry Christmas!

Yours mysteriously,
Gomez Addams

That's what concerns Jack Skellington.

First the spellbook, now a cursed hourglass. He got a package along with a letter from the Addams.

It was the Black Sand Hourglass. Gothic looking. The gray-blackish hourglass has filled up black sands in it. Only the bottom part of it.

The Pumpkin King has to take cautions this time.

Sally came for him. She smiles. "Morning, Jack."

He replied, sounding self-assured. "Morning, Sally."

Jack Skellington takes her hands. He glimpsed at her. "Sweetheart...Will you be at Gracey Manor again tonight for Christmas Eve?"

She nodded. "Yes, Jack."

Sally had to wonder. "We're still working out a day for our wedding, right?"

He bobs his head. "Yes." Jack added, believing. "It's been a decade since I proposed to you."

Sally try to ask again. "You have some things going on today?"

He answers. "I might stop by The Witches' Shop. I had to get a couple items. And maybe contact Madame Leota for the Gracey Manor."

She nods her head. Sally tells him. "Take care, Jack."

The Pumpkin King instructs her before he left. "Watch over the spellbook and the hourglass, would you?"

She gets it. Jack said. "See you for a while." He was off to the Halloween Town Square.

————————————————————

The Pumpkin King already got the items from The Witches' Shop. Sally's ingredients for her soup. Worm's wart. Frog's Breath. The Deadly Night Shade would be her job to retrieve. She got it from the Spiral Hill Graveyard. The box of Bone Biscuits for Igor. The empty drinking bottles.

It may be more than a couple. Then again, why not.

After Jack finished his shopping, he goes to the filled cauldron.

The Pumpkin King summons Madame Leota. The blue and green fogs swirl around the cauldron. After moments of enchants, the face of a gypsy appeared. She's in the cauldron than a crystal ball. Just her face. Madame Leota expects him.

"Jack Skellington...Your summoning considers the questioning of such unexpected things. That I may prepare for the best or for the worst..."

The Pumpkin King was aware. He asked the gypsy. "Madame Leota, do you know the display called 'The Black Sand Hourglass'?"

The gypsy's expression was serious. "It's a curse object from the Sanderson sisters. It's for the good not to flip it."

Jack looked mystified. "The Sanderson sisters?"

Madame Leota clarifies. "The evil witches from Salem, Massachusetts. The purple blond is Sarah. The songstress to bewitch little children. The red dark one is Mary. She can smell any child nearby. And the green ginger is the dangerous one. And clever is Winifred. They've been doing potions and spells for one great goal."

The Pumpkin King thinks the Sanderson sisters are not good to be trusted. Especially that involves the hourglass. Jack wondered in a frown. "Does the spellbook get involved with the Sanderson sisters?"

The gypsy confirmed. "Just before Mephistopheles claimed it. The spellbook was given to just Winifred by the devil himself. It is bound in human skin. It contains recipes for the most powerful and evil spells."

The Pumpkin King now gets the concept. He tells her. "Madame Leota...I have that spellbook from Edward Gracey himself...However Mephistopheles got it, he became a sorcerer because of THAT spellbook. And the hourglass too...by mail...I don't know how Gomez and Morticia receive it from the auction. I'm afraid I'm only concerning for not just the children. The entire world too."

The gypsy took his consideration. "You are right, Jack. It will go into chaos if somebody tries to get their hands on them. Call it a yellow flag there."

The Pumpkin King spoke in confusion. "For the spellbook, I attempted to throw it in my fireplace. Unfortunately, there weren't any burnt marks on it."

Madame Leota speaks, "That's because it's protected by magic. When did you get the hourglass by mail?"

Jack mentioned in worry. "I have it yesterday. It was late."

The gypsy spoke in resolute. "You have a good skull to contact me. Hear me for my wisdom to you. I am suggesting that you guard the cursed items from anyone. People will get a wrong idea about the spellbook and hourglass."

The Pumpkin King got curious. "What about Christmas Eve night? I have to celebrate as Sandy Claws at the Gracey Manor for a holiday to come."

Madame Leota was sorry. And uttered to him. "I know you loved Xmas. For the sake of children and others, you cannot let anyone go near the new curse. Wish it didn't have to be that way. It is what it is."

Jack was lament. The Pumpkin King takes her word. "All right then. I appreciate your wisdom, mam."

The gypsy talks before disappearing out of the cauldron. "Do not despair, Jack. Things will turn out okay. You can always come back. It was only another year away."

The skeleton took the things back to his haunted house. Jack was not sure how to tell Sally about the Sanderson sisters curse. The spellbook and the hourglass.

Poor Jack. Next part soon.