Ch.29 Closer

Eiji

I'm so glad Ash decided to agree. He smiled at me and pecked my nose one last time before walking off to his wardrobe. I did the same and slipped on my usual button up with an oversized red sweater on top, the collar peeking out. Instead of baggy jeans I went with shorts because of how hot it has become, and these grey kitten socks that Ash got me for some reason. They are comfy though. I struggled with my white sneakers and finally tied them in place. When I finished I turned to Ash who was already staring at me. "Shorts?" Do I look that bad? "Yeah...it's hot." He gave a look I couldn't read as he stared at my legs. Suddenly I became incredibly self conscious. He thinks I'm ugly. My eyes watered as I kicked off my shoes frustratedly. "You could just ask me not to wear them." I sniffled out. I hated this. "No Eiji, that's not what I meant, it's just..." he grabbed my waist and pulled me in sighing as he looked at the door. "I just don't like Jackson. I don't want him to stare..." I nodded. "I understand. But I'm pretty sure Jackson doesn't like me like that. He's mean and fake and a pick me boy at it's finest. There's nothing to worry about." I smiled at him.. He nodded with a huff and as my unshed tears subsided I giggled. "He'll be gone before you know it, like Lyla, we haven't seen her in awhile right?" He replied with a nod. "Yeah, last time was at the mall and she was with Jackson, I still don't know what they were doing there together. How did they even know we were there? They clearly did." I shrugged. "I don't know, maybe we could ask him, watch his reaction." He nodded again and I just smiled at him. I turned around and put my shoes back on. Wiping my nose and eyes. He grabbed my hand and held it softly. I gripped it and we walked out, Jackson was on the couch holding a decoration we had on top of a small book case. He looked up and set it back down, standing. Both Ash and Jackson were taller than me, so when their masculinity kicked in and they decided to see whose presence was more overbearing by having a close stare down and standing tall, I felt like I was being crushed. I chuckled nervously. "Haha...guys, let's go." They both looked at me, my heart skipped a beat and I squeezed Ash's hand. Ash looked back to Jackson. "Ladies first." He smiled and held his hand out, pointing toward the door. Jackson practically growled and walked forward. I withheld a giggle, trying to stay on both of their good sides. Whether Jackson deserved it or not. As Jackson went ahead Ash stole a kiss and smiled widely. Clearly proud of what he could get away with. I blushed and shoved him playfully. Jackson walked to his car and got in, rolling down the window, "Follow me, but, I drive fast, so try to keep up." Wow...he really thought he did something. Ash rolled his eyes and replied. "Or try to obey traffic laws numb skull." Jackson's face went a little pink and he rolled the window back up, mumbling incoherent words. I laughed at that one cause like, how are you going to drive fast on the streets of New York? I entered the passenger seat and Ash the drivers. After Ash was inside the car he groaned. "I've dealt with people who have taken lives, raped, tortured, and people who have others do all of that for them, yet this guy...he's not even special, he's just....annoying as hell." I looked down, realizing that Jackson was here for me. What did he want? Maybe I could ask..."Hey Ash?" He hummed acknowledging me and rolling his head toward me, which was rested on the steering wheel. He started the car as did Jackson and we rolled out.
(RoLl OuT)
"Have you been looking into Jackson at all?" He stuttered. "Would you be mad if I said yes?" I chuckled, "No, just curious. Do you know when he arrived here?" Ash's face went soft and he brought his hand to my thigh, caressing it for reassurance. "Not yet, I was looking into it last night, it shouldn't be hard once I break through the system, usually Shorter wou-" he stopped mid sentence and stayed quiet. His cold hand remained on my exposed leg and I shivered. I grabbed his hand and put it in my mine. "Hey, you ok?" He nodded, his lips pressed into a thin line. "I'm sorry I aske-" "Eiji." I looked up confused. "You have to stop apologizing. You can ask me questions. You deserve that ok?" I blushed a little realizing I keep doing that and nodded with a sigh. "I think it's more of a habit now." He smiled slightly and shook his head. "Well quit it, you goof." He nudged my head slightly with his hand that I was holding then place it right back in mine in my lap. I smiled down at our hands and wanted to be closer to him, sadly being in a car made that impossible. Luckily, if we're going to a restaurant I can sit next to him. I looked out of the window just playing with Ash's long and slender fingers, thinking of what Jackson would want now.

Yall...I know I keep doing this and I'm losing you guys 😭 but I swear I have a reason this time. I was gonna publish this like 2 weeks ago and I got sick. I'm so sorryyy, I promise I'll update a whole lot more. I want this story to get moving again.

Comment what you guys feel would be a great new plot to the turning events, indivuadly message me on here or just comment it I'll be sure to reply! Thank you guys so much 🥺🫂