Ch.8 What

Ash had recently been helping me with my emotions. I hate calling it depression. It doesn't feel like that. But it sure seems like it. I know he's back. I know that. But since he's been back he hasn't really stayed. He's been going out alot and coming home late. Ibe-san trusted us enough and went back to Japan. I feel bad knowing that the only reason he stayed was because of me. Painfully obvious but I guess I was to caught up in myself. I sit comfortably on the couch entranced in my thoughts. The click of the door vacant in my ears. The smell of his cologne perked my senses and I imediatly pulled myself from my memory and looked over. He was standing there just staring at me. "What is it Ash?" His eyes flicker from me to the room and back. "Why aren't you asleep?" "I waited up for you! It wasn't very long its only..." I look at my watch and realize its 5 am. My eyes widen with surprise. "Wow. I hadnt even noticed." I look back at him to be struck with a worried look that was painted over his pretty features. "What?" I ask again wondering what his deal is. "Eiji.." he began. "Have you been sitting there the whole night?" I look back at the TV noticing that its off and turn back to Ash. I nod. "Yeah I guess so hehe." "Eiji are you ok? You were just staring at the blank TV when I came in. Were you like that the whole time?" I begin to get nervous. He told me to tell him if things like this happen. Like if I'm zoning out, or can't sleep, or nightmares, vomiting things like that. I stiffen. "N-no of course not." He gives me a stern look. I look away from his piercing green eyes and twiddle my thumbs in my lap. "I-I wasn't." I lied. I didnt want him to get worried. He worries to much about me. It distracts him just like that day. That day when I was told he- I retched and slapped a hand over my mouth. No! Not infront of Ash! I dash to the bathroom and release liquid into the toilet bowl. I hadnt eaten anything so after that I began dry heaving. Ash had rushed to my side and was caressing my back. I pushed him away. In a strained voice I say, "don't look." He sighs and doesn't move continuing his comforting touch. Once I finish I flush and turn away from Ash and into the sink where I wash my face with cold water. I dry it with a towel and when I turn back Ash is gone. No did I make him angry? Is he upset? I walk into the kitchen only to see him making soup. I smile gently at the sight. I make my way toward him silently and wrap my arms around him from behind. He chuckles and continues stirring the soup as he pats my arms. He clicks the stove off and turns around embracing me gently. "Why haven't you been telling me like I asked you to? I get really worried you know? I want you to be better. The best. I cant stand seeing you like this." I dont respond and just clutch him tighter. "I dont know why you think you can trick me Eiji. I have an IQ of over 200."  "And a fear of pumpkins." I retort. He blushes and looks away. I laugh reliving the old memories. "So what were you thinking about? You didn't even hear me walk through the door." I think for a second. "I'm not sure." I truly don't remember. He nods and cups my face with his rough palms. "And when you suddenly got sick? Was there a reason." I remember that. I close my eyes and let out shaky breaths. "U-um.." he gives me an earnest look. One I cannot refuse. I look down and speak softly. "You being gone." His features soften into almost a whine and he exclaims. "Oh Eiji! Im so sorry I never thought this would happen." He hugs him once more. The blonde boy had no idea how much of a toll that took on Eiji. Eijis feelings for him were deeper than he thought. His need for him was more than he thought. His love for him was more than he could've ever dreamed for. He needed him just the same. To breathe. To function. There was no life with out him. They both sighed and just lingered into the embrace a bit longer. Eiji was the first to pull away. When he did so he left his hand resting on Ashs chest and his head hung low. Ash became concerned and instead of interrogating him like he usually would he just stayed silent and gripped Eijis hand. "I'm right here. There's no need to be like that. Come on." Eiji looked up. His face was slightly red but not from fluttering but from getting worked up. In a calmer tone yet demanding he asked his remaining questions. "Where are you all day? Why are you gone so long? I don't see you in the morning and you come home late! It's like you're not here at all. It felt just like when all I could do was smell you and see you through a frame! Its like the ghost of you is here when you're out there and one day you won't come back and that ghost will be real!" I didnt mean to lose my composure but I was just so...tired. I drooped instantly and my knees buckled. I caught myself on the counter and glared at Ash. His face was full of shock. "Umm..actually Eiji. Im sorry but I can't tell you." "What." I said more of a statement than a question. "I can't tell you. At least not yet! I will but its to soon. I will I promise. And I won't be gone tomorrow. I'll be here..." he pulled him close. "With you.." he stroked his cheek. "All day.." he leaned closer. "Alone." He whispered his last word and went in for a kiss. Eiji dodged. "Mm-mm you don't get a kiss." Eiji flipped around and swayed his hips as he walks off. Ash thought he was quite sassy but enjoying the view he didn't mind. He catcalled and rolled his r's pretending to purr. He wiggled his eyebrows as Eiji whipped around to send him another glare. Eiji realized he was in shorts (quite short ones at that) and instantly retreated to the couch and covered himself in blankets. His face was radiating heat and he started not beung able to breath so he just uncovered his face. As he did that he looks over and sees Ash laughing and coming over to cuddle.