Ch.13 Goodbye

From the events that have transpired Eiji felt as if a warm blanket were covering his mind and making it difficult to contain himself. Ash was stunned. He understood what she meant in a way but...he didn't like it. He wanted Eiji to stay. Walking out of the door was difficult enough how is he supposed to sleep with him not in the room? Eiji pushed past him and entered their room, grabbing a duffel bag, and packing whatever things he thinks he'll need. He hears foot steps and heard the voice of Ash, it sounded worried. "Eiji... you really shouldn't go. Just sleep on the couch. It shouldn't bother her that much." Eiji didn't stop what he was doing but responded. "Well I don't think your friend likes me that much. Plus I have that spare phone you gave me. I'll activate it in the taxi so if I need anything I can call you okay?" "No. Not okay." Eiji stopped, this time looking at him. He wasn't expecting this much of a fight. "What? Why?" "Because, even when I'm gone to help the gang you never call. It's like you think you're bothering me."Eiji looked down. He did think that. He wasn't planning on calling. If he finds a blade... he didn't know what he would do. And that scared him. "I bet you weren't even gonna call. Why do you think I don't care." "Well I wouldn't want to bother your time with Lyla." Ash grimaced. "Come on don't give me that crap. Please just...call me. Tonight. I don't care how late just do it, please." Eiji nodded. "I'll come get you in the morning at 8:00." Eiji didn't give a response and just walked to the bathroom nudging his shoulder in the process. Ash sighed but didn't leave. He just watched as Eiji packed the little belongings he had. As Eiji walked out of the bedroom door, with Ash following, he could see Lyla smirking on the couch. Her innocent shield disappearing only for him. Eiji gripped the handle of the door and turned it. He pulled it open but didn't move. He was staring out into the open with fear. He felt a hand on his shoulder. "I'll walk you to the taxi." Eiji nodded to Ash slightly grateful. They stepped out and waited for one, which didn't take long. As the yellow car veered up to them he checked to make sure he had the card for the hotel and the money Ash gave him for food. He placed his things in the vehicle, and was about to enter when he felt Ash squeeze his wrist. He seethed and pulled away harshly. "S-sorry." Ash and Eiji said together. Ash bent down to Eiji's level and kissed his forehead. Eiji smiled and hugged Ash. "I'll be fine." He takes one more look at Ash who had a longing expression. He nodded and climbed in the taxi. As Eiji was driven away they both had the same thought. 'Why does this feel like a final goodbye?' Neither noticing a very clear glare protruding from the usually closed windows.

I KNOW THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT I WANT TO POST SOON SO....I WAS WONDERING WHICH POV YOU WANTED FIRST. ASH OR EIJI'S? I'LL BE MAKING ONE OF EACH I JUST DON'T KNOW WHO TO DO FIRST. LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS!