New Story Description + teaser

This is the official Description of my new story titled: 'That's Not Right'

Two, undeclared frenemies, alone and confused, try to get to the bottom of what is happening outside of the
restroom they are trapped in when they hear various alarming noises from behind the door. The school's intercom going in and out with their principles panicked voice. Not what the hallways typically sound like during 4th period. The usual silence was replaced with their fellow classmates cries and pleas for survival. But survival from what exactly?

Now this next part is more of a short story for the idea I am going for, it has already been trashed since I wrote this in the beginning stages of this story so please remember, this is not in the book nor will it be. It is more like a different version of the first chapter:

"This also sounds really generic so I'm glad to say the writing and entire background is different, no random skirts or cheesy writing.
....
For the most part
The names stay the same because I am not creative

At all

😃

Her day started out same as always. Wake up, shower, change into an uncomfortable skirt that your school requires you to wear, pack bag, then leave. No matter how Raine looks at it, she can't see how she'll go any where living like this, but whatever her mom wants from her she'll most likely get. She descended the stairs of an extra large and lavish looking apartment that her mother owns. She packed her bow and arrow for practice that morning and headed out of the door, bidding goodbye to her mother. Her father being away for business.

She walked the short distance to the shared elevator, pressing the lobby button. Thankfully nobody entered and the lobby was relatively empty at this time.

She walked through it quickly, lugging her bag along, and waving to the receptionist. Once outside she pulled out her earbuds and turned on her favorite song as she began her walk to school.

She passed many people, getting a few looks for the bow protruding from her side.

The walk wasn't too long, about a block or so, and she left earlier than necessary but it just gave her more time to think.

As she closed in on the school gates, she pulled the earbuds from her ears and paused her music. She walked across the huge school lawn to the schools open front doors, varying students pass her, most just lingering before class.

*Bringggggg

"Fourth Period has now begun, all students are to be in their assigned classrooms at this time, thank you for your obedience."

The voice over the intercom came out slightly static, but everyone heard. It was the same every period. A reminder to not break or bend the rules. Be in class, learn something within the forty minute time limit, and go on to the next hour of another subject.

"Miss." The summoned educator turned her head, her hair tightly pulled into a bun, shining with product. "Yes Ms. Cawl?"

"May I use the restroom?" The suited teacher sighed, pushing her squared glasses up her nose. "It's still dead time, for 10 minutes." Raine's expression changed into one of begging. "Please? It's an emergency." The instructor looked away for a moment before nodding. "Alright then."

Raine shot up from her seat and jogged out of the classroom, slowing to a walk as she entered the deserted halls. If the security guard comes and sees her running she'd be in for it for the next 8 minutes.

She walked briskly to the bathroom, phone in the pocket of her school uniform plaid skirt.

She entered the empty bathroom and went into a stall, turning her phone on to see messages from her mother. She had archery practice this morning and her mother told her to contact her right after, but she didn't have time, they arrived late and she needed to be in class. So here she was texting away to calm her mother, telling her she did fine and that she didn't even miss a target. Not forgetting to mention the compliments of the coach.

This pleased her mother enough to let her get back to class. But as she went to unlock the stall she was in footsteps and a clicking sound echoed off of the cemented walls.

She waited for a stall to open, or for this person to leave, but soon enough a suffocating scent wafted throughout the poorly lit bathroom. She coughed and scrunched up her face as she quickly unlocked the stalls door and dashed out. She turned to look at the cause of her disgust as she plugged her nose. "What are you doing?" She borderline shouted

"What does it look like I'm doing?" The sly looking stranger said sarcastically. Raine rolled her eyes and stared at them with an incredulous look. "Listen, could you not do that in here?" The stanger rolled their eyes. "Yeah yeah, it's bad for me, I'm too young, yada yada." They grumbled, staring at the cigarette between their fingers. "Uh, no, just not here. First I dont want to smell like that when I go back to class, and second it stinks and some people need to actually use the restroom while breathing. Don't smoke on school property. Do it at home." Raine stated proudly. The stanger just stayed silent, unmoving for a few seconds, before putting the cigarette in the sink, running cold water over it and throwing it into the trash. "There." They fake grinned. Raine nodded with a tiny smile. "Thank you." They stared at eachother for awhile. "So...what's your name?" Asked Raine. The stranger looked up, eyes small slits, a glare of sorts. "Rei."

A silence ensued. The atmosphere shifting, Raine didn't know why, all they said was their name.
"Um, alright, well I'm Raine, a junior." Rei's eyes lit up. "Ah...I'm your superior." Raine nodded, still a little confused. "Well you better address me properly." Raine nodded again deciding it better to keep quiet. But as she was contemplating breaking it once more, something else did.