Ch.31 Diner

Trying to keep his cuts cool and the puffiness down in a diner was a little difficult. So when a lady came by in a bright blue and white striped apron with a pen and pad in her hands and asked what we wanted, I asked for some ice. She looked to see me holding Eiji's wrist and said that she'd be right back with a smile. I mumbled a thanks and turned back to Eiji. He was also looking at me, giving the cutest tiny smile. I smiled back, and carresed his cheek again. Jackson cleared his throat with a roll of his eyes. We ignored him but when he stayed silent I eyed him carefully. He was looking at Eiji with worried eyes. Almost panicked. He cleared his throat again and stood. "I'll...uh...I'll be right back." I furrowed my brows at his behavior. He looked to Eiji one last time then scurried off. His head hung low. Before he disappeared behind the bathroom doors I saw him yank his phone from his back pocket. That's probably not good. I looked to Eiji, not wanting to leave him. He gets nervous when he's alone in public. "I'll be back too, okay? Just a second." With wide eyes he nodded and scooted farther into the booth, trying to hide further down. I sighed, and let him go. I'll be quick. I jogged to the bathroom doors and as slowly as I could, I pushed one open slightly. Just enough for the noises inside to escape. Then his panicked whispering voice came to me. "Why?! Why do we...I know that but he doesn't deserve-seriously" the dial tone sounded, showing whoever he was arguing with hung up. He groaned loudly and I heard the water turn on. I stepped away and quickly made my way back to Eiji. He was shaking slightly and there was an ice pack wrapped in cloth infront of him. "Hey, what's wrong, take this." I picked up the cold pack and gently pressed it to his wrist. His head was down and face was puffy.

Eiji (5 minutes earlier)

"I'll be back too okay?" I looked to Ash almost terrified, he was gonna leave. "Just a second." I nodded and as he let me go I scooted back. Ok, you're ok. You're fine. There are people around. "Hey there!" I jumped and hit my elbow again, this time on the table. I look up to see the waitress from before with an ice pack. I relaxed a little. "O-oh, t-thank you." I smiled at her and she did the same. "No problem! Be careful ok? He might see you." I look up to her, blood running cold. "W-what did you say?" She gave me a confused look and gestured to my wrist. "I said be careful." I stuttered before bowing my head. Remembering they don't do that here I looked back up." "T-thank you." God I'm a mess. She had a slightly concerned look on her face before walking away with a 'No problem.' I look around, trying to get comfortable and acquainted with my surroundings when I could've sworn I saw the man disappear from the window outside. The man who has been haunting me for weeks now. I think I'm going crazy. Ash finally came back and all I wanted to do was run up and hug him. Feel him squeeze me close and never let go. But I held back. I need to stop being so dependant on him. He's going to find me annoying. "Hey, what's wrong? Take this." He put the ice on my wrist and sat down next to me. He kept his gaze on me and before he could say something Jackson came back. His eyes also on me. Suddenly everyone's eyes were on me (or so it felt) and I was being crushed by the weight of their gazes, an unknown pressure locking me in. I looked up to Ash once again, not knowing how to ask for what I needed. His eyes met mine, and for a second it felt better. Just looking at him made it feel better. The ice pack fell off and I captured Ash in a huge hug, breathing uneven. "Eiji? Eiji? What is it?" I breathed in his scent deeply. Nuzzling into his neck. "J-just a second, please." His large hands found their way to my back and he held me. Jackson quiet as ever. Something just felt wrong. I don't know if it's because I'm in public or if I was left alone but suddenly a horrible feeling has taken over. I don't know what to do besides hug Ash. He's all I need right now. A shaky sigh left my mouth before I released him. I sat back down and shook my head, blinking my eyes and licking my lips. "I'm good, I'm ok." Ash's hand once again found my cheek, stroking it softly. "You sure?" I nodded almost crying at his soft voice and gentle hand. "Ok baby." My stomach tingled at the name but I ignored it. Looking back to Jackson, he was watching me intently, almost expectantly for something. Then my phone rang. Ibe-san was calling. I smiled a little and answered the call.

And everything went numb all over again

Haha hey. Have you guys seen Encanto? It's so good! And I'm obsessed with Jungkook's unreleased song "Decalcomania" from 2 years ago. I can't stop listening to it tbh.