Ch.19 Smells

The remaining moments we had in the small, smelly vehicle, were short lived as we came to a stop a block or so from Ash's apartment. We begin walking and talking about what we should eat for our dinner date. Smiles curving both our lips as we discussed whatever, re-lacing our fingers as we did so. "Ok, but, chicken? Again, really?" I laughed at his shrug and bewildered look. "How about...You know what? I've been dying to go to this restaurant in the city. It's a Japanese restaurant, but I promise you'll love it! They have noodles with chicken, or even beef, and a guy flips small pieces of egg at people who want to catch it in their mouths! It was so cool when I first went the-" I stopped short when I heard stifled giggles replace the crisp air between my sentences. I look to Ash who is smiling with a hand over his mouth. "What?" I ask, my cheeks showing my embarrassment. I realize I just rambled on for the last 5 minutes. "Oh, you're just so adorable kitten." My cheeks ignite even more at the pet name. "D-don't call me that!" My demeanor attempting and failing at showing I was annoyed not flustered. He just smirked wider at my sad argument, and looked ahead of us. I was still busy trying to convince him he wasn't as slick as he thought he was, when suddenly a frown on Ash's face, and a tug on my shoulder opposite Ash. The tug was quick and it wen twice. The first suffering from Ash's grip. The second, harsh and constricting, again, the opposite of Ash's warm and safe embrace. His hand was yanked from mine, by an unidentified source of fear that was illuminating behind me. I felt the breath on my hair first. Then came the firm grasp around my chest and hip. Followed by the smell of chocolate and some scented lotion I couldn't quite put my finger on. But I recognized the alpha aura cascading me in a shroud of dimness, so close to darkness that Ash seemed to be glowing. Ash threw himself into immediate action, grabbing my arm, firmly, but as to not hurt me. "I-is that you Jackson?" A fast falling of the chest behind me indicated a yes as I heard his chuckles. "Yea how'd ya know?" He lets me go, and I basically spin into the arms of my boyfriend. The familiar smell of caramel and ginger and all things I love. I sigh, and stay there, before answering. "You smell the same." He smiles brightly like I complemented him. "And could you not try to send me into a heart attack, and my boyfriend into a spiraling fit of anger. A tightness of the chest resting against my back, shows me he just withheld a laugh. I smile at this. I made Ash almost laugh! Yess! "Your...boyfriend." In a condescending manner Ash reply's for me. "Yup." I know this isn't going to end well. Seriously, first Ash's friend, now mine?! What the heck?! This is like some sort of BL Drama or something...
Sorry for not updating again. Ive had a really stressful week, but I'm also so happy to continue writing this. I'll update when I can, and I will also be starting a new book called the shadow of love. Ill be writing it really soon on webnovel, so please note to check it out. I hope i can count on you guys for support as you do me for chapters. Ill will get my stuff together as i should. Alsoooo i will say when it is gonna be posted as soon as i know. If you want to know what its about, just comment saying you do and I'll do an update, saying exactly what its about. It's not BxB sadly. Ok thx byeee.