Madeleine • Espresso °

Common

"Hm, no.. that won't do," said the coffee mage himself. Espresso Cookie had an unsure look, explains why his face seemed narrowed. He's annoyed that the calculations on his board felt off somehow, he tried to recalculate the portions of the usual coffee he always creates, "These calculations here doesn't seem to match the ideas in my head, I thought I had it." he says to himself. He at first wanted to try again, so Espresso returns to the board and begins to write down the same formula.

"I've added this through that, maybe I forgot to subtract the seconds and multiply the sorcery.. hm, still doesn't look right, what am I missing?" he asked himself sounding frustrated. "Did I skip the measurements again?" the next thing he knows, he hears a doorknock, "Now who could that be?" Espresso Cookie walks to his door and opens it, only to see a tall figure in front of him, "Ah Espresso, just the Cookie I wanted to see!" why it was only Madeleine Cookie. The coffee mage had an annoyed look at his heroic best friend, "Oh perfect, as if my afternoon doesn't get any more better," said Espresso acting sarcastic.

"Haha! The usual coffee mage, always never happy to see me." said Madeleine smiling like it doesn't faze him. "Make this quick, I don't have all day." said Espresso folding his arms, the knight commander walks in his room, "I am here to ask you a question." he spoke. Then the mage sighs, "If it's something stupid, I'll pulverize you." he threatens. "Would you like to accompany me on an adventure?" Madeleine asked, "Can't you ask Latte? I'm sure she'd be glad to go with you." Espresso tries to decline but Madeleine Cookie seems to insist, "Ah, I'm more interested for you come with me, you can get some fresh air once in a while." he replied.

"I'm busy, besides, my preparations are far more important than.. whatever it is you're trying to come up with." said Espresso trying to get back to work. "What are you working on if I may ask?" asked Madeleine, he crossed his arms and is seen with a small frown. "That's none of your business," Espresso responded in such a rude manner. So the commander had smirked, "I see," he spoke, "Alright, I'll be seeing you in a moment, if you want to join me for a quest together, let me know." said Madeleine Cookie leaving his room. With him gone, it was just Espresso Cookie trying to focus again.

"..as if I'd ever go on a quest with you--" it appears the knight was already gone before Espresso said anymore. "Huh, now where'd that irresponsible Cookie go?" he wonders, "No matter, I got work to do.." he shakes off the whole thing and gets back to his work doing, yet the mage felt his heart beating. It was getting stronger, "What--what in the world is happening to me?" he asked himself, the feeling in his body felt warm and fuzzy. The male Cookie shrugs it off, "Ugh, gross..I need to concentrate." he said trying to write on his chalk board.

With Madeleine Cookie, he feels curious towards Espresso Cookie, "Hm, looks like that didn't work." he said to himself, "What didn't work?" said a voice, oh it was only Latte Cookie passing by, this had Madeleine caught off guard, "Woah, L-Lady Latte, I didn't see you there.. haha.." he spoke. "I was just passing through here, then you said something." she said. The thought of it had Madeleine blushing a little. "Oh yeah, I asked Espresso if he wanted to come with me on an adventure, knowing him and his random hatred towards me, he declines the offer." he said rubbing the back of his head. The female coffee mage became curious herself, "Oh, you'll have to excuse him, my cousin tends to care for his research more." she said, "I could try and-" she was sort of cut off, "No no, I'll think of something." Madeleine made haste to reply. Latte Cookie looks at the knight commander with question. "Is something going on between you two?" she had to ask.

"Ahaha! Not at all!" Madeleine says with grace, "Besides, I have an idea, I may need to borrow you." he gets close to her, "What? Why me-" Latte Cookie had no time to react as she was pulled to the side. Something's suspicious is going on.