Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten
~Michael's POV~

I was frantic running around the house before everyone got here. Or really, before Veronica showed up with everyone. Again, still kind of new to the school so I had to ask Veronica to bring some people when I sent her a text earlier. Of course Liam asking me to talk about him was weighing down my mind and I really did need to tell him. I didn't want him to feel like I couldn't trust him or anything like that. It was just really hard to talk about. I sighed and Carmen came over to me.

"You're throwing a party?" She questioned.

"Obviously." I said rolling my eyes. "You have the night off, why are you still here?"

Carmen crossed her arms over her chest. I glanced at her to see she was already out of uniform and had her coat in hand. "I'm trying to be reassured that you are okay. And that you're not going to get drunk and do something stupid." She replied.

I smiled at her, "Can't make promises. I'll probably be drunk." Carmen glared at me. I sighed again, "Don't worry. Liam's here. He'll take care of me." As I said that, I shoved her out the door before she could say anything else. It was true that Liam would take care of me and I was absolutely certain in that fact. There was no guarantee that I would be any type of 'okay' tonight. Because while this was extremely spontaneous and out of the blue, it was a distraction. A distraction to keep my mind off of him, and off of my insecurities about me and Liam's relationship, and everything in between.

So yeah, getting drunk was high on my list of things to do tonight. In fact, it was pretty much the only thing on the list. It was stupid and pointless but nothing was working. Not even Liam being sweet and gentle was helping. And him telling me he loves me when I couldn't even respond wasn't helping either. And everything was just feeling like crap, so I decided the best way to go about this was to throw a party. A party where I get shit face drunk like old times and get into a little bit of trouble.

Liam was changing and locking the upstairs rooms with the key I gave him. I checked on the food that Richard had prepared and soon enough the door bell rang. I turned on some music and fixed my hair real quick before I opened the door. Standing there was Veronica and like, half of the school. I looked at Veronica and she smiled.

"I'm here! With guests, as asked." She said.

"I owe you one." I said.

Veronica laughed, "You're providing free alcohol. You've already paid me."

I laughed and everyone started to come in and get the party started. It didn't take long at all and the party escalated quickly. By the time Zack, Dylan, and the rest of the guys showed up - fashionably late - the party was already in full swing. Opening the door I was greeted with familiar faces and I smiled widely at Zack standing there with his fingers laced through Dylan's and a smirk on his lips.

"Well hello there Michael. So nice of you to invite us." He greeted and I laughed at him as he went inside, tugging Dylan along.

"Liam is up stairs." I said to Dylan as he passed by me and smiled.

I turned back to the guys and they all looked at me as if they were excited and angry at the same time. Well everyone except Rick, Noah, and Andre. Rick, deciding to lighten whatever mood there was, gave a big smile and lifted me up before hugging me tightly making me squeak.

"Oh my god. Rick put me down!" I laughed, although I was slightly terrified.

Rick smiled, "Aww come on Michael. Just missed you. We all do." He said.

"Yeah, Zack is a total pain in the ass without you around." Andre said making everyone laugh. I rolled my eyes at him.

"He's not that bad."