Chapter Twelve

** YOU BETTER HAVE SOME TISSUES. THIS IS ABOUT TO GET SAD**

Chapter Twelve

~Michael's POV~

I had practically curled up in on myself by the time Liam found me. I didn't even question how he knew where to find me – probably called Zack or something. I never wanted Liam to see me like this. But I did want to tell him about Aden even though I knew I would eventually just end up looking like this anyways. He was holding me gently. As if he would break me like glass. But I wanted him to squeeze me tightly until I felt dizzy and lightheaded. I wanted him to suffocate me with love. And just his general Liam-ness.

But I told him that I would tell him. Yet, I had said nothing more. And he waited patiently for me to tell him about Aden. My heart nearly stopped at the thought. I want to tell him though. I want him to know. I needed him to know about this. It was an unavoidable topic, especially if Liam was going to be sticking around like he claims. It made me feel sad and happy at the same time. Because eventually, Liam will probably get tired of me. He won't want to deal with my unnecessary emotions.

"Stop it." Liam mumbled into my hair.

"Stop what?" I asked slightly confused.

Liam pulled away and looked at me, "I can feel your self negativity Michael."

I frowned and pulled away from Liam. He reluctantly let me go and I scooted myself back towards the wall. I crossed my legs and stared down at the box of memories. It's already been three years and I still was effected like this. But then again, three years wasn't that long. It felt like centuries though. I bit my lip and breathed deeply. I closed my eyes and sighed out again.

The wind blew through the small tree house, filling the tense silence. I had to keep reminding myself that it was okay for me to talk about this with Liam. He's my boyfriend. He should know about this. I need to open up to someone other than Zack, Rick, Noah, and Andre. And really, Zack was the only one that really knew everything. I mean, Rick knows about Aden too but it was a really brief conversation followed by a lot of crying. I was a mess and it wasn't all that cute, I had only just met Rick too. I'm sure it was really awkward for Rick.

Taking my chances, I opened my eyes again and looked up at Liam. He sat there waiting. But he didn't seem irritated or annoyed. He just gave me a small smile of encouragement and a sad look in his eyes. Surely, he thought I was pathetic. Starting fights and leaving for no reason like this. Only to have him track me down and find me a crying mess, clinging to memories of the past. I looked back down at the blanket spread underneath us.

"It was freshmen year ..." I started off quietly. "I had made a vow to myself. I would focus on studies and not get caught up in my families business or deal with high school drama. I didn't want to be flashy and through my money around. I didn't want fake friends or a boyfriend. Especially, not a boyfriend. But that was immediately shut down by this idiot named Aden." I smiled and looked down at a photo I took out.

"He burst into my life and didn't go away. He was energetic and sweet and amazing. And I didn't have to try to be friendly with him. He just came on the bus and sat down next to me and started to flirt with me. I was terribly awkward and embarrassed. But everyday he would just sit there and talk to me on the bus. Eventually, he asked me out and without even really thinking about it I said yes. And so it started. We went on a date to some run down diner and he paid for everything. The food was surprisingly good. We had several little dates over the next week or so. He would always – always – bring me to little hole in the wall places and he would take me to see movies at the dollar movie and we went roller skating and everything was happy. We had our first kiss on the like twentieth little date. It was the night he finally brought me here. To the tree house that he had build himself because his brother didn't want to build one and his father thought it was a childish idea.