Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

~Liam's POV~

We silently drove up to a cemetery. I had a pretty good idea about who exactly we were going to see, but I kept my mouth shut. I glanced back at Michael. It was like he was in a bit of a daze, and he looked sick. The roses laid in his lap delicately, and he absentmindedly brushed his fingers over the petals lightly. We drove into the cemetery, Michael giving me slight directions every few seconds. When we reached the area, I pulled over and parked, but Michael didn't move. He just stared out the window at the cemetery.

"I ...," Michael started quietly, "I had Zack wave some money in his parents face to have them bury him here. Does that ... Does that make me a bad person?"

He still wasn't looking at me and I didn't think it was a rhetorical question, so I answered softly.

"No."

Michael swallowed, "I've n-never been this nervous to see him. I didn't have time to visit last year. I feel really bad. His parents don't even come to see him. Isn't that fucked up? I'm all he's got ..."

It was quiet for a long time before Michael's hand reached for the car door and opened it. I got out the car as well and walked quietly next to Michael. He sighed heavily at the grave and bent down, placing the roses on the grave.

"Hi Aden. Sorry I couldn't make it last year ..." Michael smiled lightly, "I miss you. But, I uh ... I met someone. His name's Liam. And he's really nice, and smart, and good-looking, and he treats me right." He laughed a little, "And he says he loves me. All the time. He reminds me of you sometimes. I think you would like him a lot. You guys would probably be great friends. But I don't know how well that would work out seeing as you both, you know, love me. But anyways ... a lot has happened this year. A lot of really, really good things because of my absolute dork of a boyfriend. And some sad things happened. But mostly good. Oh, and you remember Zack right? He finally got a real boyfriend. His name's Dylan. He's pretty cool. I just ... I wish you could ... I d-don't know ..."

Michael started to shake a little. His hands going to cover his face as he gently dropped down to his knees beside the grave. I heard the first little sob, so I slowly made my way closer to him.

"It's painful. It hurts so much Aden. I don't wanna repress my thoughts about you, but they hurt me to the point where I cry. And then, I let it all out at this time of the year. It f-feels wrong! God, I miss you Aden. Why does it hurt so much? It feels like it's been forever ... b-but it hasn't been. And now I ... shit." Michael was crying. It wasn't full fledged wailing, just mostly silent cries and sharp breaths, the way he's always cried, but it hit me deeper than I ever could have thought. There was certain ring of distress when he finally let out another choked sob.

I lightly put my hand on his shoulder. He didn't turn towards me. Just raised his hand and grabbed onto my hand lightly. He muttered a, "See? He's so kind." that I pretend not to notice, but he knows I heard him.

"Do you want me to give you a minute?" I asked quietly.

Michael nodded his head. "Please."

"Okay."

I headed back to the car and watched Michael from the driver's seat. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to comfort Michael, but this was one of those, 'Don't touch me' comforts. Plus, I wasn't feeling in top condition to comfort him after talking about Conner. Honestly, I was amazed at myself for resisting the urge to cry. It was one of the very few topics that I hated talking about and would make me cry.

And it frustrated me that I still even cried over that asshole.

But telling Michael about it felt good; It felt really good. And I was glad he didn't try to make an absolutely big deal out of it. I stared out the window and saw Michael still sitting there. I wondered if he felt this good after telling me about Aden. I just hoped that he knew how much I love him. That I was here for him if he needed it; I hoped that he was there for me too.

Michael stood up and wiped his eyes as he made his way back over to the car. He silently got in the car and buckled up. I didn't say anything, but Michael still opened his mouth to voice an answer to an unspoken question.

"I'm better now."

I nodded my head and started up the car. A little while later, Michael fell asleep. I drove in near silence, the only sounds being the ac, the radio, and Michael's light snores. It wasn't too long before we arrived at the hotel. I gently woke up Michael and we checked in. The place was huge, but I didn't have time to really look at it. As soon as we were through the elevator, Michael dragged me into the shower and then we headed to bed.

Even if it was only six thirty in the afternoon, I didn't complain. I just held Michael and kissed him softly before falling asleep.

A/N: You know Wattpad has a really frustrating/weird spacing system. Anyways, I just wanted to say this is officially the first chapter that my wonderful editor has edited!! So that's exciting!! ^_^ Also next chapter should be pretty long, so get ready for that! Until next chapter my lovelies <3