Chapter Four

Chapter Four
~Michael's POV~

School was stupid. It was my senior year, and it felt like my freshman one. I was awkward and didn't have any friends. I was half expecting to get on a fucking school bus and see him waiting there for me. I sighed internally. That was another thing that too much time and not enough friends gave me, time to think. At least last year I had the drama of keeping Zack and Dylan's shit together to distract me from my thoughts. And even though I have Liam distracting my thoughts constantly, either about my actual feelings for him or just replaying events, and school work I still had way too much time.

But at least some of the guys came over on weekends that I don't spend with Liam. And they may even stop by at lunch time. They made a bit of a entrance the first time they came over. And I rolled my eyes at them. Liam looked a little surprised and so did just about everyone else seeing a bunch of pretty boys walk in and drape themselves all over me. It was extremely embarrassing. And even more so for the poor girls that tried to socialize with me to get there numbers.

In the end I just got a bit of unwanted attention and I told the guys to cut down on the glamour. To which Andre replied, "Well I guess I can't come visit you anymore because my glamour doesn't have an off switch." I laughed and Noah punched him. It was nice though. Seeing the guys and hanging out with them. I felt a little less alone with them around.

I sat in class the bottom of my pen stuck between my teeth. Trying to concentrate on the task at hand of getting a head start on some project. I was writing some ideas down and planing a list of things that I would have to get when I was stopped by the presence of someone. I looked up to find a girl with this kind of dirty blond hair that turned brown in the sunlight and gray blue eyes. She eyed me for a little before speaking.

“You're new here right?” she asked.

“Yea...” I answered. I wasn't use to people talking to me, or even acknowledging me since I made it very clear that I wasn't giving away any of the boys numbers.

She nodded looking away as if the conversation was over but then turned her head back around, “So, what was your name again?”

“Michael.” I said.

She smiled, “Hi Michael, I'm Veronica.” I could feel myself sinking into my socially awkward quicksand and for a moment I just kind of stared at her as if she was an alien. “So, why'd you move here anyways?” She asked.

I snapped out of it long enough to have the decency to blush. “Um, actually, I moved here for my boyfriend.”

“Nice. Who's the lucky guy?” She laughed.

“Liam. Liam Foster.” I said. Her eyes widen and her jaw dropped. I sat there wondering why she started staring at me like I had grown two heads. But in a way it kind of felt nice, like someone was so shocked that he was my boyfriend. That I could be his boyfriend.

She shook her head and continued to stare. “Wait you mean, Liam helps you with your boyfriend problems, Liam?”

“Um yeah.”

“Wow.” She laughed.

“Why is that funny?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“It's not. It's actually incredible. I never thought that he would actually get a real boyfriend. You better keep him on a leash. From what I heard he's a genuine diamond.”

I smiled at that. Liam definitely was a diamond. He always wanted to take care of you and put your needs before his. He was just that kind of guy and it worked for him. He had a tight grip on me and he wouldn't let go for the life of me. But I felt that Veronica had it backwards. I was the one that needed to be on a leash. Because I'm still not sure how I got here and why I was putting myself through this.

It wasn't like I didn't … like Liam a lot. It was just the pure possibility that this relationship could crash and burn and I'd be stuck here. Not that I don't like this part of town. Nice and quiet. But I wouldn't want to be around Liam all the time and feel that heart break over and over again. There's nothing quiet worse than when you see that person that use to mean the world to you and then they don't even want to look at you.

I sighed, “Yeah, well I didn't think that I would actually move for him.”

Veronica smiled at me. Her eyes getting this mischievous look in them. “Well Michael, I find you very intriguing. You should come hang out with me and a couple of my friends this Friday.”

“I don't know. I mean, I gotta start on this project and I was going to have some people over …” I trailed off. Looking at her I knew that she wasn't going to let me say no.

“Then bring them. And the project isn't due for at least another two months. Come on, it'll be fun!” She pleaded with me.

Well it was a chance for me to gain some new friends. I didn't want to stay friendless the whole year. And I guess I could just bring Rick along with me. And she was right about the project. I looked back at her and sighed before putting my pen down that had still been in my hand. “Fine.”

A/N: Did I say that this was going to be a longer chapter? Oops. I know you're all like, "Jasmine! Why you lie??" And I'm sorry okay! *sob* *sob* But we meet a new character! Veronica. Tell me what you guys think of her as she is a sexy beast and the lovely women in the photograph! The beautiful Eve Delf~ (I'm starting to just use models for all my characters now >.<) Until next time my lovelies!