Chapter Eighteen

WARNING: The following contains Rated-R content (with some gross mushy feels mixed in there). No rude comments will be accepted. Remember, it was your choice to read it.

Chapter Eighteen

~Michael's POV~

"Hey Aden ... I didn't want to say it while Liam was here, but I love him too. And I haven't told him. I mean, there have been plenty of times when I wanted to say it lately. But ever since you, I haven't really loved someone. I thought I loved Zack, but it was more of an unhealthy clinging. And Liam he ... he gave me a fucking promise ring. A p-promise ring, Aden. God ... you don't know how bad I wanted to tell him how much that meant to me. How much I l-love him. But I couldn't ... not yet. Too many things at once. And, I wanted to talk to you first. To tell you, that I really do love him. But next time ... next time, when I feel like saying it ... I'm gonna say it."

I woke up next to Liam. He was knocked out and holding me tightly in his grip. I shuffled as softly as possible so I could see the clock. It was one in the morning. I sighed softly and turned back around to face Liam. I smiled a little. He looked like an angel when he was sleeping. His hair was a mess, and his pink lips were parted slightly. His cheeks were slightly flushed from the extra heat of holding me. I cuddled into him some more and pressed my ear to his chest, listening to his heartbeat and falling back into a dreamless sleep.

When I woke again, the bed was empty, but the smell of food filled the penthouse. I smiled to myself and then made my way into the kitchen. Liam was standing there in his boxers, making a simple egg and bacon breakfast. I walked behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He chuckled slightly as I placed a small kiss to his back.

"Good morning," he said.

"Morning," I replied.

Liam finished up breakfast, and we sat down to eat, making light conversation about the plans for today. It was New Year's Eve, so we decided to go out on the town a little, maybe shop a bit, then come back to the hotel for a complimentary dinner, and spend the rest of the night in the penthouse.

We took a shower together to save time. But we mostly spent the time making-out slowly. Once we finally pulled ourselves out of the hotel, we started walking around. A few stores interested us, and, thankfully, weren't too over crowded. I paid for everything since it was a vacation I was funding, no matter what Liam said. It was actually quite amusing seeing him get so worked up over a silly thing like me paying for new clothes. Most of which, I picked out.

"Hey, let's go into Target," I said abruptly.

Liam looked at me, "Have you ever been in a Target?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Really? Are you seriously asking me that?"

Liam shrugged, "Well, I don't know. You're rich, or well your parents are, and I'm pretty sure that you've never really had any need to go to Target yourself. And you sounded way too excited to go into a Target."

"Shut up," I felt my cheeks flush a little bit, "Of course I've been in a Target before! And it's just that there's something that I saw online, and I wanted to see if they have it in store here. If you're gonna ask me what grocery store I've never been in, say K-mart. I've literally never seen one in my entire life!"

"Actually, same. Let's go to Target," Liam said.

We walked into Target, and I immediately headed towards the electronics area. When I got to the camera section, my eyes immediately landed on the black Fujifilm Instax Mini. I smiled when I saw it. It was nowhere near as fancy as Aden's main camera – his baby – but I had seen a yellow one of these in his room before. I had an employee get it out of the case for me and I held it. Liam stood beside me quietly for a moment.