Chapter Six

Chapter Six
~Michael's POV~

Friday came a lot sooner than I thought and I was currently waiting at home for Rick to get here. Liam had walked me home as per usual and kissed me goodbye. Well more like he kissed me and then I invited him inside for about twenty minutes and we made out. That boy's infatuation was rubbing off on me and it was doing crazy insane things to my body. And not seeing him all day today after school like normal felt weird. But it was okay. I could handle it. Plus I was excited about Rick coming over. All the guys came to visit me during lunch hours and sometimes over the weekend, but the main ones were Noah, Andre, and Rick.

I sighed as I got a text from Rick saying he would be arriving soon and a text from Veronica giving me the address of the pizza place we were meeting at and the time they would be there. I strangely felt nervous about the whole thing. I was never really good at the speaking to people thing and making new friends isn't something I'm all that good at. So yes, I was nervous. I sighed. Veronica seemed nice enough. And she didn't strike me as the type of person to be conniving. But I guess after tonight I'll know some more about her.

The door bell rang and I got up to get the door. Rick stood there in a pair of black skinny jeans, white tee-shirt, and a black leather jacket to match. His dark brown hair ruffled up and a pair of shades on. He grinned at me when he saw me. Pulling down his shades he spoke.

"Aw, I was expecting to see Andi!" He laughed the slightest bit of his country accent poking through.

I rolled me eyes at him, "Stop trying to hit on my maid. And I give them the weekends off." I said stepping aside to let him in the house.

He turned around and raised an eyebrow, "So you actually cook and not burn the place down?"

"I recall the first time I made food for you your exact words were: Holy Shit."

Rick smirked, "Yeah. That was a pretty good first date." He winked.

Rolling my eyes once again I lead him into the living room. I still smiled a bit. I felt a million times better already. Having Rick around was extremely comforting. He was a good friend of mine and he may be a bit sassy at times but when it came down to it, he was the first to really understand me and get me after him. He treated me with respect and love and cared for me. In ways that Zack didn't – or rather in ways he couldn't.

We hung out at my place for an hour or two talking. He asked me how things were going with me and Liam. I told him that we were great and then moved on to talking about Veronica. I didn't want to think too much about Liam tonight, or I would wanna back out and end up going over to his house and want to be with him. Seriously, damn him for making me start to go crazy without him. We left around 4:30 just encase we got lost. Which we did. Finally, we made it to the pizza place.

I walked in, with Rick following, to find the place pretty much empty. The workers there were cleaning up the place and looked at us with boredom. The only people in here were Veronica and three others. I felt nervous again and continued walking up to them. A blue eyed blond girl wearing a black tank top and skirt with a Letterman jacket on said something to Veronica and she turned around. When she saw me she smiled.

"Michael!" She said. Her dirty blond hair was underneath a beanie, her blue gray eyes sparkling with interest. She was wearing a red plaid flannel top and a white undershirt. Her dark blue skinny jeans clinging to her skin. A golden heart necklace was hanging from her neck.

"Hey." I said.

"Glad you came." She smiled. "Well guys, this is Michael! And Michael, this is my boyfriend, Sean. And these are my friends Valentine and Jade." She introduced me. Sean looked just as bored as the workers here. His light brown hair was slightly tussled. His brown eyes were glazed over with boredom and seriousness. Jeans riding his hips and shirt a size to big. He was hot for sure, but his attitude made me uneasy because I don't know what his attitude is. He looked me up and down and gave a slight nod when Veronica mentioned him.