CHAPTER 2 : MEET THE BOSS!

I arrived in LAX (LA airport) at 9pm US time. Uuggghhh! I got this familiar feeling when I worked for a Call center way back home. F**k the time zone difference. I need to adjust my body clock again! Are you kidding me? I got so much sleep in the airplane going here, then it is night time here and I think whether I like it or not, I need to sleep to prep myself tomorrow to meet the client. Good thing I brought my not so expensive Laptop with me. I’ll just browse through the net later and will also try to contact my Family back home.

Just when I finished getting my luggage and about to go out. A chauffer holding a huge card board with my name on it. NATHALIE SALVADOR. I smiled. He smiled back.

“Good evening, Madame! My name is Phillip, your chauffer for tonight! Let me take your bags and I will accompany you to the condo.” – He smiled after

“Hi Philip! Nice meeting you. And it is Nathalie. Don’t call me Madame.”  - I smiled back.

I boarded the car and went straight to the condo assigned for me. They have some sort of a “staff house” for those who work for the company that were hired off shores. Fully paid by the company. Ah, the perks! At least I can save more from paying rent!

“Here you go.” – Philip handing me my things after we got off the elevator. My place is at the 20th floor.

“Thanks Philip! Have a goodnight” – I got my luggage and walked inside the room, about to shut the door, Phillip had to say something.

“Oh by the way, I will pick you up at exactly 7am tomorrow. Better get your alarms working. We have to be there just in time before your 8am meeting starts. You don’t want to ruin your first day, right? Don’t worry, it’ll just take a good 20min drive so you’ll be fine.”

“Thank you Philip.” – That’s all I said. Then I shut the door. I have a feeling with this client. Seems so strict. Huh. We’ll see.

I settled my things and then went to my bed. I will just take care of my things tomorrow.

---

I got up at the sound of the alarm at 5:30am. Wow, I thought I’m not sleepy at all coming from a long flight but I guess Jet lag kicked in. I took a hot shower and put my corporate clothes on then I received a call from Matt.

“Hey girl. How are you?!” -  Matt seemed to be ecstatic and more excited than me.

“I’m nervous. I’m getting ready now. The chauffer will pick me up at 7am. How are you?” – I replied while towelling down my hair in between sipping my orange juice and eating 2 slices of apples. It’s almost 6:00am.

“Oh hun, don’t be! Just called to check on you and to remind you to check your email. Alright! Enjoy! I’ll be online later. I’ll catch you on Skype! Mwuahh!”

“Thanks Matt!” – then I hang up

I continued to blow dry my curly hair.  Parted into two then place bobby pins on both sides. Cute. J