CHAPTER 28 : The Aftermath

We stayed there for a moment. Robert hugging me and not saying a word. He just let me cry it all out until the sobs become weaker. I pulled away from the hug and looked at Robert.

"Feeling better?" - Robert asked me when I pulled away. He wiped my tears with his thumb. His eyes never leaving me.

"Thank you for being here. I'm sorry I ruined your meeting with your lawyer. I know that it is also important for you." - I am now fixing myself and began to sat up straight.

"Oh no, actually we are already done when you called. We are just chit chatting but I am about to leave by then. No worries." - He just put his arms on my shoulder and then caressed my back.

"I want to go home now. I'm tired. " - I asked Robert. He then pulled me up and we walked hand in hand towards his car.

Some of the people at the central park noticed him and began shouting his name. Now the Paps are here! But Robert is just playing cool with it. I broke off from our holding hands. I walked behind him then he just posed for the camera. Paps are throwing him insane questions about the divorce and his new love. But he just smiled and did not talk at all. He waved to his fans and blew them flying kisses. He gestured me to come inside the car. I went in to the passenger seat and then him to the driver's seat. Then we drove off.

The entire ride was just quiet. He did not ask me questions. I guess he will just leave me alone at this time. And I thank God he is not being too pushy about it. He really is very patient. The drive lasted for about 15 minutes.

Robert pulled over to the basement parking and we then took the elevator going to my unit. He held my hand while we are waiting for the elevator to reach the floor of my unit.

The elevator then opened and I walked towards my unit's door. We went inside and I collapsed to the couch. I closed my eyes and rested for a while. I am so exhausted from crying and this awful feeling in my chest that is bothering me. It's a sharp pain. I have had this before even way back home. I didn't bother to have it checked by a doctor because it goes away. I mean, for me it's not a biggie.

I felt Robert remove my shoes then he sat on the couch. He gestured me to lay my head on his lap. I followed him then put both my legs up on the couch. Ahh.. it feels nice to lie down. Robert started caressing my head, touching my hair. I feel a bit relaxed now.

"Are you okay, sweetheart? You look pale. Are you hungry? " - Robert asked. I can sense he is worried.

"I'm okay. I just need to rest. Thank you for being here. And Rob? Can I just pass for tonight's dinner? I know I promised to go withyou. It's just that I don't feel like going out tonight. Can we just stay and eat here? Just order us some food, please? " - me to Robert. Shoot! This pain in my chest won't go away. I am feeling a little bit odd right now. I think I'm becoming dizzy.

Robert nodded in agreement and kissed my forehead.

"I'll go get a hot shower so I'll be relaxed. Just stay, please? " - I stood up and went straight to my room. I strip off my clothes then went to the shower. The hot water made me relaxed somehow and the sharp pain in my chest is slowly disappearing. Thank God.

I changed to my usual shorts and racer back tank top. Then I blow dried my hair. I went to my bed and laid there. After a few minutes, I heard the door open and I very well know it is Robert. I can smell him. His perfume smells so good. He walked inside the room. My eyes still close. He sat on the bed and he caressed my face.

"Honey..." - Robert to me. His voice sounds music to my ears.

I slowly opened my eyes. His auburn brown eyes staring at me. I can see his soul. I am happy that there will be no hesitations for me to love this man from now on. But I am afraid of what the others would say. Am I ready for this?

"Hey, sorry I had to lie down for a while. I just don't feel well. But thank you for being here. For picking me up at the Central Park. " - I caressed his face, his pepper stubbles tickles the back of my hand. It feels good to be close to him.

"I'll always be there, and you know that. That's how big my love for you is. I'll protect you at all times. You are precious to me, Nathalie and I am letting you go. I love you!" - Robert hugging me tight resting his head on my neck and saying those sweet things to me makes me feel secured of his love. God! I am now falling for this man! Anyone would like to kill and exchange for the position I am right now!

"I-I l-love you too.." - I said to Robert while we are hugging each other and I can feel him smile. He then pulled away a bit.

"Say it again?! " - Robert was in shocked when I answered back finally.

"I said, I love you too.." - tears begin to fall from my eyes. This might be the biggest risk I took but I am willing to make it work for the both of us.

"Shit! She loves me too! I'm so happy!" - Robert giggling and getting giddy while hugging me and kissing me repeatedly on my forehead.

"So this means, we are officially a couple?" - Robert asked me, pouting his lips like a 5 year old kid.

"I guess the answer is yes!" - I happily told him and his smile is still plastered on his face.

He kissed me on the lips and I kissed back.

We were totally at the moment when I suddenly felt dizzy again. The sharp and intense pain on my chest is back! Oh no! I'm getting very worried. I pulled away from Robert and he was just puzzled.

"What's wrong?" - Robert asking me.

"I just need to go to the bathroom." - I suddenly felt the urge of throwing up because of the dizziness. I am having shortness of breath too and the pain in the chest won't go away.

I got up from bed and when I stood up, just a few steps away from the bathroom door, I felt that my head spinning, my sight is blurring and I can't breathe!

"R---Rob..." - then suddenly, everything went black.

I tried to open my eyes but it won't. I can hear Robert's voice ring in my ears..

"Honey, stay with me. Honey c'mon! wake up! Don't do this to me, please?!" - Robert's voice rings like a bell on my ears.

Then I totally can't hear anything..

1St