CHAPTER 29 : Heart Broken and Weak

Robert's POV :

I was stunned when I saw Nathalie collapse just a few steps away from the bathroom. Good thing that she did not hurt her head when she fell. It hit the thick rug on the floor! God, that was horrible! I rush to her and try to talk to her to stay awake.

"Honey, stay with me. Honey c'mon! wake up! Don't do this to me, please?!" – I began shaking her furiously but she just lie down on the floor, eyes shut and not moving. I checked her chest, good because she is still breathing.

I quickly called Jimmy to let him know what happened to Nathalie. Jimmy told me to rush her to the Mary Mediatrix Hospital just about a few blocks away from the building. I called the building's security and asked for help. They called an ambulance and after about 10 minutes, there came help.

Four men came on their hospital scrub suits and picked up Nathalie who is still unconscious. They carefully put her on a stretcher then we rushed to the elevator. I was being questioned by the guy in blue scrub suit who identified himself as Jeffrey, head emergency / ambulance doctor. He asked what happened and I told him what exactly occurred. I am still very much worried and in shock. Jeffrey assured me that everything is going to be fine with Nathalie and told me not to worry because they will take care of them.

They carried her to the ambulance and I told them that I'll just follow. I'll drive my car. After only a few minutes, she was already inside the Emergency Room and is being attended by the doctor. I patiently wait outside the room. No later than 5 minutes, Jimmy came. I told him what happened and he just tapped me on the shoulders. Assuring me that everything will be fine.

We waited for about 30 minutes and we saw the Doctor emerged from the E.R door. He approached us right away.

"Mr. Downey? " – the doctor called.

I got up immediately upon doctor's call. I shook hands with him.

"Mr. Downey, I am Dr. Grant. I just wanted to inform you that Nathalie is already safe. No need to worry about her. We just have to wait until she wakes up. But we need to run some tests for her heart. We need to require ECG for her since there seems to be an irregular heart beating that we recorded a while ago." – Dr. Grant told us that he would like to recommend Nathalie to be admitted on a private room at least until tomorrow so they can run the tests needed.

I agreed to that and advised Jimmy to arrange everything. I decided to wait for Nathalie to wake up first and ask her if she would like her family to know what happened. We don't want to shock the family since they live a thousand miles away.

I got Nathalie's phone with me and I decided to check it. I do not have any intention of snoop around but I just want to check the last call details. I have the craziest idea. I will call her EX, Richard. I don't know if this is a good thing to do but hey, I think he deserves to know what happened to her. I don't want to be unfair to him and besides, he is the only closest person that she have here in CA.

I looked for the last received number, redialled it and waited for an answer.

"Hello? Love? I mean, Nathalie?" – Richard finally answered after 5 rings.

"No, it's me. Robert. Sorry to have bother you, man." – I'm waiting for him to yell at me on the phone but it did not happen.

"What do you want?" – Richard, sounding so stern.

"Nathalie is in the hospital right now.. " – I hate to break this sad news to him.

"What??? Please tell me she's okay."- Richard now sounded so worried

I told him to go to the hospital and we will just talk about it here. Then we both hang up.

We waited for another 30 minutes and then Nathalie was already transferred to the private room. She is still asleep. I asked Jimmy to pick up some clothes for me at the house and go get dinner. He walked out of the room then came Richard.

We shook hands just like gentlemen then we went outside the room. I told him everything that had happened to Nathalie. He was so sad.

"Look, I'm really sorry for what had happened between the 2 of you. It is not my intention to snatch her away from you. It just happened. I fell in love with this amazing girl that you loved for 6 years. I am asking for your forgiveness. " – me to Richard. I am waiting for him to throw his punch.

But I was disappointed.

Instead, Richard just pat me on the shoulders.

"Just take care of her for me. I really love her so much that I am ready to die for her." – Richard was such an amazing person. Nathalie was right, he is the most understanding and calm person she knows considering him being a rock musician who were known to be moody and have a rough attitude. It was totally the opposite on how he reacts to things. Always calm.

I just shook his hand and pat him as well on the shoulders.

Then I asked him to go inside and see Nathalie. I decided not to come, I'll just stay here and wait. I want them to have this time.

After a few minutes, Richard went out and said his goodbye. Then he walked away.

Nathalie's POV :

I woke up with the feeling of someone is caressing my face. I slowly open my eyes. It's still kinda blurry. Then I opened my eyes wide and then I saw Richard. It looks like a dream. My head is throbbing with pain and my chest still a bit painful but I still manage to smile.

I was about to say something but he just kissed my forehead then whispered : "You take care and Get well soon. I'll always love you." – Then he walked out the room. I am too weak to even say anything. Tears run through my eyes.

Then came Robert.

He was smiling at the door and saw him nod at Richard. I can't speak nor say anything. I felt numb. I felt pain on my chest. Tears suddenly fell from my eyes. I was so sad remembering what happened today.

"Honey?" – asked Robert while he sits beside my hospital bed.

"Hi" – I answered weakly.

"Why were you not telling me that you don't feel well? You collapsed and fell unconscious. I was so afraid of what happened." – Robert saying to me looking worried.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel worried. I didn't mean to. I just suddenly felt so weak. I don't know. I am supposed to be happy because finally I am free and I was able to tell Richard everything. But I think it is a heartbreak for both of us. I'm sorry, Rob." – I am now crying very hard.

"Ssshhh... honey,stop now. I don't want to see you like that. I know it is difficult for everyone. Let's just take time. We all need to move on. " – Robert saying while wiping my tears.

I didn't answer back but instead I took his hands and put it into my face. God! I am really falling for this man!

-------

The following day, I was brought to the testing room to have my tests and was asked by the doctors to wait for the results in my room. I wasn't able to go to work again because I am still confined at the hospital.

"Rob? I am so sorry for not being able to work again today. I know I am somehow the cause of the delay for your commitments and projects. I promise, I'll make it up to you as soon as I get out of here. I can ask Phillip to bring my laptop here so that I can still do my paper works for you even if I am here." – Me to Robert. I am so embarrassed for what is happening. I am causing Robert's career and project delays.

"Don't worry. It's alright! You are not just my assistant, you are now my girlfriend and I need to take care of you as well. Please be well, okay? Love you! " – saying while hugging me and kissing me on my head.

He is lying with me on my hospital bed when the doctor arrived. I know I've fallen asleep on Robert's arms but was I woke up when I heard Dr. Grant's voice.

"Hi Nathalie! Mr. Downey? I already have the results of the tests with me. Can I discuss this with you? " -Gosh, this Doctor is making me nervous.

Sounds serious.

aWMPr2