CHAPTER 41: Moving on

Nathalie's POV :

"I got back with Richard. We are together again."

Silence..

"Are you joking? Please say you were just joking!" – Robert's voice became sad when he heard it.

"I am not. Listen, I have already made-up my mind. I think this is the best for both of us. I don't want to ruin you, Rob. You have worked so hard for this and it pains me to see everything collapse right before my very eyes. I am just a "normal" person. I am not a celebrity but you are! You deserve someone better. Thank you for loving me. You will forever be part of me. Goodbye Robert!" – With that, I hang up the phone and turn it off. I don't want to hear anything from Robert anymore.

Tears keeps on flooding my eyes. My life is here, with Richard. I searched my heart for answers but it just tells me that Richard is right for me.

Robert's POV:

"I got back with Richard. We are together again."

It struck me like a bus! I am so devastated! I didn't expect the kind of answer from her. Maybe I hurt her so much that she decided to get back to Richard.

I am not going to see her anymore. I got so mad at myself. I decided to drink a lot that night! I went to a bar and drowned myself in alcohol. Jimmy kept on calling me on my mobile phone but I just ignored him. I was so drunk and the next thing I know was I am on somebody's drive way. Parked and puking outside the car furiously!

"Oh, Jesus! Robert you are so drunk! What happened?" – It was Susan. Apparently, she was called by the bar's manager and told her that I was there and was so drunk and not even on the right mind to drive. Susan called Jimmy to pick up my car. Susan drove me to her home instead.

"Thannkkk youuuu., honey! Mmmm... thank you for the rrrriiiddde!"- my words are slurring because of my drunkenness. I can't even finish my sentence without having hiccups in between!

Susan helped me to get up and walk towards her house. She put me on the couch took off my shoes. She got some warm water and began giving me a sponge bath to make sure that I will be relieved a little from my booze abuse!

"God, you're so beautiful. You're like an angel!" – I said to her while touching her face. Oh, I miss this face. I miss her. But she chose Eric over me. I am still dizzy and my sight is still blurry but I can still see her beautiful face, the woman I married for about 9 years! But she was the same one who broke my heart. I felt suddenly sad.

Susan just continued to give me a warm sponge bath in my face and my arms, hoping this will help me a bit on my drunkenness.

"Robert, what happened? Why did you drink too much? You know you have been sober since 2003. Why? We both worked so hard for this!" – Susan asked me the dreaded question.

"She left me.." – I sighed after saying that. A single tear fell from my eyes.

"She? You mean, Nathalie? Oh my God, I am so sorry to hear that. What happened?" – Susan was so shocked! She thought that are perfect for each other. In all fairness to Susan, she was happy with my relationship with Nathalie because she said that she haven't seen me so happy even before she and I were married.

I told her what happened. I told her that it was my stupid fault that I got confused about our situation when I got our divorce papers. I thought I am still not over her.

"I told her that a part of me is still not over you, Susie! For Christ sake! You are the god damn mother of my child! My wife for 9 years! And it is not easy to get over with just one snap of a finger! She decided to leave me and decide but it took me sometime, Susie. Now she is back to her long-time boyfriend! It was all my fault!" – I am now beginning to cry very hard. Susan was just there rubbing her hands on my back and arms, giving me comfort.

"Rob, I think you also start moving on too! I am so sorry to have hurt you and I hope you can forgive me. I know I somehow chested on you when I chose Eric but that's what I feel is right! I don't wanna lie no more to you. You deserve your happiness too! We are still friends because we share Exton as our son. I hope you can easily cope up with this. You are still part of my life, Rob. I wish you can find your happiness too." – With that, Susan gave me her tightest embrace and put me into sleep.

"Good night, Susie Q." – and I kiss her in the forehead. She just smiled and proceed to her room upstairs.

I closed my eyes and tried hard to get some sleep.

I need to move on.

I need to forget her.

--

Months have passed and I am ready to release my new movie called "The Judge". This came first then Avengers will be released in May of 2015.

Many things had happened within that year. Towards September while I am promoting my new movie, mom passed away. It was so difficult for me especially I feel I am all alone. Of course I have my family and friends but not Nathalie. I still miss her. There was never a day in my life that I have never thought of her. I tried to send her private messages on her Twitter, Facebook and even emailing her but she doesn't respond.

I asked Jimmy to try to contact her and ask if she can go to the red carpet premier of The Judge in LA. I will even pay for everything. But Jimmy said, she is not answering her mobile phone and either to the emails he sent her. I guess it will be this way. I really need to move on now.

I decided to view my Facebook account and what I saw broke my heart andshattered it into pieces.r