CHAPTER 20 : THAT FATEFUL NIGHT

——

Robert drove in silence while I try to rest my body. It is hurting all over. Gosh! It only took us a 30 minute ride to get back home. Robert must've driven the car that fast. Robert sat on the couch trying to rest while I go to the kitchen and prepared coffee for both of us. It was already about 11pm. I sat down beside Robert and gave him his cup of coffee. He sip his coffee and didn't say a word after. I finally broke the silence.

"Rob? I'm so sorry again. I don't know what runs on your mind right now. Tell me what's wrong?" – I pleaded to Robert.

"Nothing is wrong Nathalie. It's just that I blame myself for allowing this to happen. I'm sorry I was not there beside you all the time. I failed to protect you. You were obviously hurt! And I don't like seeing you hurt physically. It breaks me into pieces!" – Robert finally spoke and I can sense sincere sadness in his eyes.

I hugged him back instead, reassuring that he did not do anything wrong.

"It's not your fault, Rob. I was supposed to be the one protecting you because I am your assistant, right? But really, thank you for doing that for me. I've never felt safer." – I stayed that way. I love to hear his heartbeat. He hugged me back tight. Not letting me go.

I went to the kitchen, grabbed an ice pouch and put it on his lips.

"Ouch!" – Robert yelped. Oh poor Rob.

"Oh, sorry!" – I panicked and the next thing I know, I just kissed his lower lips where the pain is coming from.

I gave it a quick kiss but I know Robert wanted more. He pulled me towards him and he began to kiss me smoothly on the lips. I was also surprised because I did not push him away I gave in to that kiss and enjoyed the moment. For the first time, I never felt guilty about kissing him. I know that I am still currently in a relationship with Richard but damn, it just feel so right!

"Let's go change clothes and take a rest. We've had too much for tonight." – Robert pulled away from the kiss, looking me in the eyes then he took my hand and we walked towards the room. I went into the shower to freshen up. The warm water from the shower relaxes my body after this tensed night. After a few minutes, I heard the bathroom door opened. Gosh! Why did I forget to lock it! I was really in a hurry to clean up since I was already so tired. I turned around and see Robert come in. he was only n his boxers. Luckily, I still have my panties on. Gosh! This is embarrassing. Robert looking me straight in the eyes. He look so tired as well but I can also see lust started to fill his charming auburn eyes. He took a few steps closer to me until our bodies touch. I tried to cover my n breasts with my hands but he took my hands off and just looked at me straight in the eyes again.

"Don't cover yourself. Don't be shy. You're too beautiful not to be admired..."- Robert saying to me softly.

I felt my cheeks became a bit hot. Gosh! I hope he doesn't notice my blushing!

"Robert what are you doing here? I'm not yet done." – I said to him weakly but he did not respond but instead he pulled my closer to him and grabbed me on my waist. Our bodies are touching now.

He began to kiss me on the lips down to my neck and collarbone. Oh my, I felt weak! I left out a soft moan which made him smile in between his kisses. He continued to kiss with both hands caressing my bare back. His right hand goes down to my butt, slightly squeezing it. I was startled for a moment and I think he got more turned on because he pressed me to the wall without breaking the kiss. His left hand now his caressing my breasts. Gosh! I am totally out of control. I cannot think straight. All I know is Robert is driving me so crazy!

He broke the kiss and he began to carry me towards the bedroom. He placed me on the bed sitting then he dried me up with the towel and he did the same. We were both sitting to each other. I was just looking at him with complete silence. After he is done, he threw the towel on the floor and began to kiss me again, laying me down on bed. He pulled the blanket to cover us both. He is now laying on top of me still kissing passionately. He pulled down his boxers which happened swiftly. Then he began to pull down my undies. I broke the kiss and looked at him in the eyes with hesitation.

"Do you trust me?" – Robert with his puppy eyes on me.

I just nodded. And with that, as if Robert got a go signal from me. He continued to pull down my last piece of clothing and now it's gone! We were both naked under the sheets. I can see him smile for a while, looking happy with the moment.

After a few moments of caressing, kissing and make out, then inevitable happened!

In one full thrust, he entered me. I groaned and I think it hurts a bit. He was 'bigger' than I expected.

"Are you oaky honey? Am I hurting you? Would you like me to stop?" – Robert got a bit worried and I can see it in his eyes

"No, I'm okay. Don't stop" – I softly answered back.

Finally he got the rhythm and the pain was replaced with an amazing feeling of sensation. He was also moaning for every thrust that he do. Our body was perfectly in sync! For the first time, I never felt this secured with him. I don't know but I guess I am in love with him. It was an amazing love making and with one last thrust, he pulled out and we both come. He fell on top of me, breathing heavily as I was panting and catching my breath. After a few moments, it became silent.

I caressed his bare back on top of mine as he rest on my chest. My other hand caresses his messy hair. It felt amazing.

I felt him move and our eyes met. He lay down beside me, pulling me close to him. I rested on his bare chest, feeling his heartbeat. He smoothly touches my arms and kisses me on my head. He is smelled my hair and rested his chin there.

"You don't have any idea how much I have waited for this to happen. I am crazy about you. God, you are amazing! I love you!" –Robert finally broke the silence.

What???!!! He loves me?? The hell??!!! Is this true? The "like" became "love". Oh no! Could it be that I feel the same about him? Shoot!

I just pretended that I fell asleep and that I did not hear him. He slowly stroke my hair and kissed me on the head again.

"I love you, Nathalie. I really do. I know that I have barely known you for a month but it felt like it's been years. I don't ask you to say the same. I will give you time. I just wanted to let you know that I am very sure about it and there's no holding back." – Robert to me. He sounded very sincere and... in love! Yaikks! It's like in the movies!

"Rob, I honestly don't know what to say right now but I want you to know that you make me feel safe and happy every moment when I am with you. And I thank you for that. I hope you can give me time and wait." – me to Robert. I wanted to make sure about my feelings first because I would want Robert to get hurt. After all, he is still my boss.

With that, we both fell asleep in each other's arms, cuddling naked under the sheets and feeling happy!

Yeah! A very big Happy birthday to me!