CHAPTER 24 : PARTY TIME!

We arrived at the private hangar at 5:00pm CA time. We were picked up by Jimmy and Phillip. Robert and I went separate ways to prepare and change our clothes but we agreed to meet at the bar at 7pm.

"Hey, Nathalie! Wear your best party clothes! It will be an awesome night! " – Jimmy giving me final instructions while hugging me

"I thought it is just going to be a simple dinner for the entire team?" – Me giving Jimmy a pout like a little girl. Then I turn to face Robert for a quizzical look.

"Ooopps! I don't know about it! I made Jimmy in charge so don't ask me! " – Robert giving me his mischievous and naughty smile.

"I'll see you both at 7. Have a safe drive!" – I gave them both my flying kisses. Then we all drove away.

I arrive at my pad in about 30 minutes and I hurriedly looked for my clothes. I told Phillip to pick me up at 6:30pm so that only gives me an hour to prepare. I asked Phillip to join us later at the party which he accepted. I am so glad that Phillip will be there too. He became a close friend as well.

I settled to wear my casual get up. I'm not really into skirts or dresses unless the occasion dictates but I am more of a "pants" person. I opted to wear black skinny denim pants tonight, partnered with my new Chucks that Robert bought me. I am wearing the Red one. Then black sleeveless blouse and a red cardigan as well. Yeah! Ready to party! I quickly went to the shower after picking what to wear. I quickly dressed and fixed my hair and just let it down. I just let my curls loose, that's my natural hair. It was already 6:30pm then I heard my phone buzzed. It was a text from Phillip saying that he is already downstairs waiting. I quickly grabbed my purse and went down.

I quickly went inside the car and Phillip drove off to where Jimmy told us to go. He gave the exact address of the Bar / Club they arranged for me. I really don't have any idea where it is. After about 30mins drive, we reached the place and there was Jimmy, waiting for us at the entrance. Phillip gave the valley parking attendant the key to the car. Jimmy instantly gave me a hug.

"Welcome to your party, birthday girl! Happy birthday and I hope you enjoy the night!" – Jimmy while guiding our way inside the bar.

We went to a VIP room that would fit about 30 people. I saw all of my officemates there. The people who were part of the production team. Wow! I am impressed that they are all present today to celebrate my birthday. I am so touched!

"Happy Birthday, Nathalie!" – they all greeted me and everybody came hugging me and kissing me on the cheeks! Gosh! This is awesome.

Then I saw Robert, he was the last to approach me with a bouquet of flowers. He was just staring at me while walking towards me. Then he hugged me and whispered :

"Happy birthday, gorgeous!" – Oh my! Robert sent shivers on my spine! He looks gorgeous too with his tight fitting denim pants, white fitted shirt w/ bruce lee as the logo and a black leather jacket. He is also wearing... wait... what??? He is wearing the same Chucks as mine! Yes, the red one! Geez! I gave him the 'why-the-hell-are-you-wearing-the-same-shoes' look!

"I know.. Well, I guess it is because of my gut feel. I just felt that you wear the same shoes. I know you very well, that's your favourite!" – Robert saying to me while smiling.

Everybody ate their food that was catered by the Bar/Club then after we finished, everybody went to the dance floor to go gaga and party!

Robert and I were the only people left at the VIP room. We were seated next to each other, sipping our drinks. I got my usual vodka and he got his scotch.

"Rob, thank you for this party. I really appreciate it. This is my first party with new friends here. This is wonderful. " – me to Robert. Then I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheeks.

"Anything for you, my dear. And thank you for taking care of me all the time. Thank you for letting me believe that there are second chances in love. I love you and I hope my long wait will be over." – Robert said to me while he put his arms around me and rested his chin on my shoulders.

We both pulled away from the hug and just stared at each other's eyes. A lot of things are running into my mind right now. I feel like I wanted Robert right now but another part of my brain says that I need Richard. I know that I spent almost years being in a relationship with Richard but it just felt that Robert is the right one for me. I must talk to Richard. I don't know how I would break the news to him but eventually, I will have to.

Robert leaned in and kissed me deeply on the lips. What is very surprising is I did not hold back. I kissed him back. After a few minutes, I pulled away.

"Let's go dance? " – I told Robert when I got up. I took his hand and we went to the dance floor.

We dance the night away and everyone went gaga tonight! Everyone is enjoying the night until I got exhausted and went to the bar and got another drink. I ordered my usual vodka and rested on the seat. Then on the corner of my right eye, I think I saw a familiar face that keep on staring at me. I turned and was so surprised to see the person seated beside me with all smile and grinning ear to ear!

"Kuya??! (brother)" – Well, he is Richard's older brother, Dexter. I was so surprise to see him in this same bar. Wait, what is he doing here?

"Hey! Glad to see you here!" – Dexter gave me a hug.

"What are you doing here? Who's with you?" – I asked him.

Well you see, Dexter was a member of a famous band back in our country. He is a guitarist and he is a very good one.

"We have a show here in CA for a week and we will be touring several Bar/Clubs including this one." – Wow! What a coup incidence. They are featured tonight!

"And, yeah. I have a surprise for you! Richard came here with us. He will be working as alternate drummer to the band for the whole tour. What?! He didn't tell you? Actually he's here! " – I was dumfounded. I am really surprised. So this was the one that Richard is supposed to tell me.

"Nope, he didn't tell me." – I was still in shock. I wonder where is Richard? Oh, shit. What a nice birthday present!

"Hi, Love! Surprise!" – It was Richard and he just suddenly popped out behind me then slid his arms on my waist. He was kissing me on the neck.

"Oh..uh.. hi! Since when you were here? I mean, when did you arrive? Why didn't you tell me that you will come?" – I asked him a lot of questions.

Then suddenly I saw Robert coming. Oh great!

"Hey babe, where did you go? I was - - - " – Robert wasn't able to finish what he is about to say. He looked puzzled when he saw who am I with and why is this person's arms around my waist.

I was startled too, didn't know what to say but I calmed down. I gave him the 'it's-okay' look. I just smiled. Gosh! Awkward!