CHAPTER 35 : It's all coming back

Robert and I went to attend the fund raising event that Jon (Favreau) invited him. They help the foundation who takes care of the people affected by the strong typhoon in the Philippines. It was an all morning 'till afternoon event that we attended to. Jimmy tagged along so he can arrange the schedule. There were interviews w/ the local channels as well as local celebrity talk show guestings lined up until tomorrow. Robert had the opportunity to meet The President as well. He was invited to a dinner at the "Palace" (which is equivalent of the "White House" in the U.S). It was more of a courtesy call.

Later in the afternoon, we boarded the private plane back to Manila. We then headed back to our hotel to prepare for tonight's dinner.

"Can I pass?" – I asked Robert. Honestly, I was so damn tired. I wonder how Robert is. He had so many photo ops and press cons and interviews. Wow! This is crazy and yet, he still has energy to joke around!

"Why honey? You tired?"- Robert asked. He is now lying on bed. Resting for a while.

"Yeah, a bit." – I face him and caresses his cheeks with my hands. He just felt my hands and closed his eyes.

"I don't wanna go there alone honey, please come with me." - He opened his eyes and then gave me a pleading look with his puppy eyes.

"I'll go with you. Go take your shower & get your clothes changed. It is already 5pm. Dinner's at 8pm. We'll be picked up by 7pm." – with that, I stood up and gave him a kiss on the cheeks.

"Thank you, honey. I love you!" – Robert then stood up and went to shower.

I fixed Robert's clothes. He will definitely wear something fancy in meeting The President. I'll just wear my regular corporate outfit (gray pencil cut skirt, white fold up blouse with ruffles and a black blazers). I don't want to wear any dress that will look like we are on a red carpet.

So he put on his clothes and I helped him fix his hair.

"There.. gorgeous!" – I said after finishing his hair. Then I gave him a kiss on his forehead

"Thank you. I promise, this will just be very quick." – Robert gave me a quick hug then he stood up.

We then proceed to the event, socialized and before we know it, party was already over. All of us were so dead tired and decided not to hang out anyways. We all went back to the hotel. Jon gave Robert a brotherly hug and told him that he needed to be back tomorrow. He will leave earlier because they need to work on his new project.

I hugged and kissed Jimmy goodnight. Thanking him for all the help because almost half of my work today, it was Jimmy who took over. I really owe this big guy a huge one!

--

Robert's POV :

I am so dead tired of today's events and activities. I just wanted to take a rest but I cannot forget to check my email as what I have been told by my lawyer that the official decision for our divorce case were already out.

"Honey? Where's my Laptop? I just need to work on my emails." – I asked Nathalie.

She then handed it to me while she walk away and went to our room. She said she will change her clothes and will wait for me instead on the bed. She must be so tired.

I checked my email and saw Atty. Simon Frederick's email. Scanned copies of our case. Finally, I am free! It made me happy because finally, I can think of Nathalie's future with me but the other part of me is sad because of Exton. But Susan promised me to talk about the custody.

I started to reminisce everything and this made me sad. I don't know how long I have been on that reminiscing state and suddenly, I snapped out of it! Nathalie was calling me.

"Rob?!" – Nathalie calls me. She sound a bit worried.

I quickly stood up and run as fast as I can to the bedroom. I opened the door and saw her in the bathroom. Furiously throwing up.

"Honey? What's going on? What's the matter? Are you alright?"- me asking her.

"Honey... (gasp) I can't breathe! " – Nathalie was gasping for air and clasping her chest. She keeps on gagging to throw up but nothing comes out. I panicked, then I remembered what Dr.Grant told me just in case Nathalie goes through this again.

I quickly pick her up and made her sit down on my lap. I asked her to follow my lead... breathe in, breathe out, in, out, in out. I caress her back as we do this together. We repeated that phase about 5 minutes, then she slowly got her phase and soon, she was okay. I sighed as a sign of relief.

"Thank you."- she said to me almost crying. Then she hugged me. She looks frightened.

"Ssshhh... you did great honey! You're okay now. I love you. Now take a rest"- I brought her to bed but I did not make her lie down completely but instead, I placed her on a reclined position. Head and chest is elevated. In this way, she can have more space for breathing.

I lay down beside her, putting my arm on her waist and snuggling to her.

"Sorry for making you tired today." – I asked for an apology from her. I really think that being so tired for today was the reason.

"No Rob, don't be sorry. Nobody wants this. Besides, I'm okay already. Thanks to you!" – she cup my cheeks with her hand then kissed it.

I went to get her medicines and after about 5 minutes taking it, she already fell asleep.

I didn't sleep right away. I was thinking of my past with Susan. Why am I not that happy when I got the divorce decision? I was the one who filed it in the first place! Oh no! Maybe I still have feelings for her! No way! I needed to be sure! I won't let Nathalie be hurt!

All coming back to me.