CHAPTER 4 : THE FIRST DATE?

Philip our company chauffer drove me home. The production team and Robert of course all went to the meeting. I was instructed by Robert to just go home and get some rest. He said it is enough for me today, said he can manage since Jimmy is going to be with him and of course he said he wants me to prepare tonight. “Better get some rest since you will be working overtime tonight. I don’t want you to sleep on me again like in the conference room”.  I can still recall how clearly emphasized the word SLEEPING! Why is he making me so afraid now? What is this guy really up to?

So I went home & thank Philip for accompanying me home. Good! It’s just 4pm and I can still get some rest. I still have time to fix and settle my things in the closet. I unpacked my things and went through the wad of clothes. I wonder what to wear tonight? I did not bring any fancy clothes with me. I’m used to wearing skinny jeans and polo shirts or t-shirt. Casual. I’m not a complicated type when it comes to clothing.

I got tired, decided to take a nap. I didn’t know what happened but when I woke up, it was almost 6:30pm!

Shoot! I must be so tired that I slept that long! I better be going and prepare! I don’t want my new boss growl at me and be grumpy to me for the rest of my stay here. I wanted to create an impression. 

7:30pm and I’m done. I just wore a simple pair of black skinny jeans, plain white collared blouse, folded half way through my arms and put on my gray cardigans. I wore my favourite Converse high cut sneakers, cream white in color.

It was 7:45pm when I heard my phone buzz. Looking at the caller ID, it was Jimmy.

“Are you ready , Nathalie?” – Jimmy talking on the phone with a lot of noise in the background

“Yeah.” – I simple replied

“Listen, Robert is on his way now to pick you up. I’m not going to be accompanying you two anymore because I’m too tired. I can’t drive. You take care of Robert okay and don’t argue with your boss!” – Jimmy, laughing after he finished talking. I think he sensed that I am a woman of will! J

“Yeah Jimmy. Promise. Oh, so who’s going to drive? I don’t have international license yet and --- “  before I can finish. Jimmy hang up and suddenly I heard a ring on the landline.

“Ms. Salvador, your visitor is already here. He said that you are expecting him tonight”. – It was the receptionist

“Oh, yeah! I’ll be down in five. Thanks!” – I put the phone down and went straight out and into the elevator.

I can feel my heart beating fast.

“Hey, relax. You are just nervous!” – said to myself.

I emerged outside from the elevator and walk towards the lobby. I can see a man sitting in the couch flipping through the magazine. Clean cut, well-built body. Oh, it’s him. I suddenly felt my heart beats faster! Oh, god! Why does he make me like this always! Oh well, won’t be like this! He is “THE” Robert Downey, Jr. right?

I think he sensed that I’m already there. He brought his head up and looked to my direction. His eyes firmly looking at me with poker face. It is like he is reading my mind. I didn’t took my eyes off him either. I don’t want him to sense that I’m really nervous! But I think I’m getting red. Omg! I don’t want him seeing me blush!