002

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: @510_juju [Twitter]

ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ° ┄───╮

CHAPTER 2

╰───┄ °ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ayako-chan." Suzura said from across the room, waving goodbyes to her circle of friends... Basically, everyone.

Megumi eyed Suzura as she laughed with the other kids, mulling over her words earlier. But when her chortles disappeared, he began moving towards the door, his deadpan expression extending even till she's no longer in range.

'Did we really talk about the same thing? Help me with what? I don't get it.'

Waiting outside the school, Tsumiki—his older sister, patted his shoulder, making herself known to him.

"I've been calling out your name, Meg—"

"Have you noticed anything about me, Aneki?" His bored eyes bore unto her, catching her off guard. She held the straps of her book bag, deducing her little brother's constitution.

The sunset which painted everything in gold, warmed his skin tone and brightened his dreary emeralds. This is the first time he asked about such a thing, so she diligently tried to see through any unusual stuff.

Every other student strode past them both as Tsumiki continued scanning him.

"Hmm... you're still Megumi, so not much." Her vision caught a familiar silhouette of someone. "But I realized something else..." He followed where her gaze was.

To Suzura who's standing in front of the gate.

She held the same stance she had this morning; her hands situated behind her back whilst one of their fellow classmates talked to her.

Megumi heard Tsumiki gasp when the young boy reached out and gave the pearl-haired girl something... and because of how far they were, the Fushiguro siblings weren't able to decipher what it was.

"You like her, don't you?" There wasn't any teasing tone in her voice, only genuine curiosity.

"Tsk. Just a little." He rolled his eyes and started walking home. "Just a little..." He whispered to himself.

'I wonder why he didn't say goodbye to me. I guess that's just the way you are... hmm? Megumi-kun?'

Side-eyeing where he's at, she accidentally made eye contact with his sister.

They both smiled at each other. And Tsumiki, being the kind-hearted girl that she is, couldn't help but wave the young girl a goodbye.

They've talked a few times. Tsumiki wanted to know if Megumi had any friends in his small classroom and due to that curiosity, her acquaintanceship with the white-haired girl flowed naturally as she was the only one she observed hanging out with her little brother... well, one he's comfortable with, that is.