025

I present to you Megumi and Suzura

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: Me

╭─────┄°ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

CHAPTER 25

Ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ°┄─────╯

The way her name slid off his mouth so smoothly turned her cheeks red. In his point of view, the light that glowed behind her, grazed her figure so softly that it almost looked like a halo. It touched her pink cheeks and her eyes' outer corners, multiplying its color, illuminating like glitter.

"Hi. It's me." Suzura stated, eyes fluttering as her head slightly lowered. She appeared like a cat after months of absence.

She fiddled with her pointy fingers, eyes locked with his.

"You—"

The bell rang, cutting the dark-haired boy off. He wanted to interrogate her as fast as possible, but to no avail.

This time, Suzura grabbed his hand and ushered him inside.

"Wait! Your shoes!"

"Ah, right!"

After she switched her shoes to the inside slippers, Suzura quickly grabbed the boy's hand once again.

And with a wincing face, he let her.

"Where have you been?" Megumi questioned, observing the snow-haired girl as she scanned the classroom. Many came and greeted her with a welcome back, that's why she's busy smiling at the other students. Megumi clicked his tongue, annoyed at the divided attention.

"I moved to another house, hehe~" Suzura turned her head to eye him, causing the poor boy to look away. Streaks of flushed expression grazed his face and ears.

"You did?" He whispered.

"Yeah... What? Did you miss me?" Her teasing tone rang in his head, shrill that he whipped his head back to her direction just to defend himself.

"Shut up!" He forgot how annoying she can be sometimes. He let his guard down around her... and now look at what that did.

Suzura giggled at the sight.

"Come on, say it!" Her head tipped to the side, eyebrows going up-and-down.

And Megumi had to cover her face.

"Hehe!~" She held his hand down. "I'm just joking!~" Inevitably, her eyes stared at his fist—to the cuts donning it. It looked fresh, kinda? She doesn't know, obviously. All she knew is that it's healing nicely. It seemed well taken care of. Suzura was about to further examine it through her touch but her curious attempt didn't go unseen and the little boy retrieved his hand hastily. He didn't want questions about it.