020

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: @woerwa [Twitter]

ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ° ┄────╮

CHAPTER 20

╰────┄ °ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

"I feel like there's something wrong..."

Suguru muttered, loud enough for his snow-haired classmate to hear. Satoru turned his head to face him, eyes peeking above the edge of his sunglasses, while his eyebrow quirked upwards signaling his confusion.

"What do you mean?"

As he was about to voice his answer, a ringtone swiftly interrupted their conversation.

Satoru hummed in question before fishing out his phone in his pocket. "Yaga-sensei?"

The ravenette observed their surroundings, disregarding the need to eavesdrop on the call. So with not much to do, his eyes scanned around the lake where they walked. They are at an abandoned lake park, where rumors of missing people cases pile up. Apparently there was an increase to the case in the course of three days, that's why they're here.

[Beep]

"Suguru... We need to hurry."

'Where are you, Suzura?'

Masamichi sweatdropped, roaming his eyes around. All he did was answer a call and in the span of three minutes, she's already gone. And the fact that they're also in a busy place is not helping. It's making it ten times more difficult finding her.

About to ask the people around him, when suddenly, a familiar voice called out to his name.

"Yaga-sensei!" Haibara sounded, wearing his beaming smile like usual as his whole arm waved above his head. "Ooooh~ It's really you!" His outstanding voice and aura made people peer but he didn't mind, merely proceeding to walk closer to their second-year Sensei. And of course, behind him was his ever-so-quiet classmate whose hands stuck to his side to properly bow.

Relief flooded the bearded teacher.

"Have you seen her?" His nervousness was palpable, causing Haibara to tilt his head and Nanami raise his eyebrows.

Seeing this, Yaga hastily explained the situation.

"Gojo-san's little sister?" Haibara gasped lightly, before smiling. "You mean, I can see her today?!" His eyes glistened in excitement. At first, he thought Yaga-sensei was just here to relive his youth. You know, maybe he's a bit stressed and he needed an outlet of some sort—but babysitting Suzura isn't bad! He knew that the old man was a responsible old man! I mean, he won't become a teacher, if he ain't one... right? Heh.