022

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: @calclzz [Twitter]

ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ° ┄────╮

CHAPTER 22

╰────┄ °ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

[Knock knock]

Haibara opened the door, face inscrutable.

When his eyes landed on familiar purple eyes, his face lightened up in a flash as if he had seen hope come to life.

"Senpai..." He slowly pulled the door to its maximum, letting Suguru get a grasp of the tension inside. He expected a greeting, maybe a loud screech. Instead, there was no noise, no laughter.

Naturally, he wondered why, especially as he witnessed the first year's relieved face.

"What's goin—"

He ceased speaking as soon as little arms grabbed his legs.

He hesitantly acknowledged, "Suzura-chan..." while his best friend was standing in front of him; who's holding an expression he usually wore during combat.

Serious and unbending. His ocean eyes were fixed squarely on his bewildered ones.

"Sugu-nii!" Suzura began. "Tell Toru-nii, I'm staying here, please! Please!" The young girl grumbled, her hands clenching his pants so hard they wrinkled. She said those words with strong conviction, yet she appeared to be no more than a beseeching puppy as she looked up at him with tears, causing her bright blue eyes to glisten even though she's against the afternoon light. "Hnghh...! Sugu-nii...! Toru-nii wants to leave..." Once again, she hid her crying face from his view by snuggling it against his uniform.

The man with the bun gulped.

He understood it was an order. He was informed that they had to transport her belongings to the school and keep a close eye on her. Even though he hated the fact that she's going to enter such a world at such a young age, he couldn't help but to allow it.

Just so everyone can put their mind at ease, they need to keep her at close proximity.

'Even so...'

Suguru gnashed his teeth.

Four years old at Jujutsu Tech is too much.

He hates it. He loathes it.

"Sugu-nii!"

In his head, Suzura's pleading was audible.

'Maybe we can... At least try...'

The older Gojo maintained a fixed look at his classmate, paying close attention to the way he furrowed his brows and tightly shut his eyes.