023

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: @TanneauCéliane [Art station]

╭─────┄°ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

CHAPTER 23

Ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ°┄─────╯

The first thing Suzura saw—

Scratch that.

The first thing she heard were...

...cries.

Fully opening the door, she's greeted by the blue-toned twinkle of the moonlight casting through the window panes. The moon looked beautiful tonight. In fact, beautiful would be a gross understatement. It's indescribable. It's truly beyond belief that a sight like this can only be appreciated to its fullest at night.

'Who would cry at this view?'

Suzura pondered as she processed what she was seeing.

There was a sizable metal structure that resembled a dome over her bed. It was suspended from the pitch-black ceiling, which appeared void and never-ending. The ceiling stars and the tiny chandelier in the room were both gone.

Needless to say, the little girl was stunned at the sight. She had never seen anything like it before.

'But this should be my room.'

She's sure that she entered the right bedroom since her Satoru-purchased memorabilia was still present all over the walls. Her blanket, pillows, and stuffed toys were also visible.

The young girl sighed, relieved that the strange ceiling metal hadn't tampered with her Toru-nii-made photobook. It's still in good shape, with no sign of any mess.

She briefly considered running to it to give it a hug, but she refrained when another wail broke out. The sound caused goosebumps to appear on her skin and shivers from her nape to her back.

Suzura observed it was coming from the dome thing... inside the metal bars.

She sauntered steadily as her curiosity overcame her. Frankly, that takes a lot of courage from a four year old. But then, a perfect sight like this wouldn't actually terrify children. More so because this particular night was especially magical and spectacular. And magic is never bad in children's eyes.

Also, she believed it's her purpose to stop the person from crying. It became natural for her to console people crying because that's what her Toru-nii does.

'Toru-nii never like it when I cry.'

Now, she's set out to seize the cries and stop the person from disturbing the sleeping students.