016

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: @kuwoniagyu11112 [Twitter]

ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ° ┄────╮

CHAPTER 16

╰────┄ °ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

Satoru immediately detected the dense volume of cursed energy as the three of them walked inside the school premises; they just came back from a mission in Osaka.

It's unnerving seeing such a thing but he said nothing, only giving close attention to the same pull he gets whenever his sister's around.

Then in a zap, the feeling vanished all together.

"Is that who I think it is?" Ieiri uttered in complete shock and mild amazement. The two towing teens looked over where she was gazing, finding someone's upper body submerged in the little pond.

"Suzura?!" Satoru yelled, running towards her.

A few meters away and he felt the familiar pull again... making him stop on his tracks. This time, he can see her concentrated energy, face to face as it swirled in blue hues.

Suguru's eyebrows furrowed.

"What? What'd you stop for?" He questioned, his face scrunched in a hideous expression, saying 'walk, you dumbass'.

"I..." Satoru trailed, only possessing the courage to move the minute her energy disappeared into nothing again.

'Crazy.'

Suguru could only shake his head in disbelief. He really thought he'd wait for his sister to drown first before getting her out of that position.

"Pwaaa!~" Suzura released her breath when she felt herself being lifted off the pond. With her mind occupied with surprise, she didn't notice her cursed energy disappearing into thin air, along with her close-eyed eyesight.

"Zura-chan! Are you alive?!" Satoru's voice rang close to her ears, bringing her back to her senses. She panicked as she found herself only seeing darkness. Her legs kicked in the air and her arms waved chaotically.

"Toru-niii! I'm blind!" Suzura grumbled.

"Shhh. Just open your eyes."

And she did.

"Oh."

She eased a little but still, her heart thumped loudly.

Satoru set her to his hip, wiping down her face using his uniform sleeve. He couldn't believe she's already out of the infirmary and most of all, already planting her entire face in a body of water where she could potentially drown herself!