004

𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐛𝐲: @KIYORO2 [Twitter]

ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ° ┄───╮

CHAPTER 4

╰───┄ °ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ

Back in the olden days, sorcerers ruled the world. The amount of curses were small-scaled that sorcerers turned into cursed users and commenced the massacre of humans. There were so many powerful ones—one that was too destructive, one that was too deadly. And naturally, everyone feared the ones who ruled with immense power.

Though at present, the roles have gone reversed.

Curses have come from miniscule amounts to vast—and they too, have developed strong and perilous abilities, turning sorcerers and cursed users into the hunted and not the hunters. And so now, sorcerers are praised and seen as saviors of the human kind. The same kind who once became their victims.

This change brought systems and hierarchies.

Thus when the higher ups got the wind of that one kid, who apparently recrudesced a powerful technique... could you imagine how fearful they must have felt? The rules and orders they've set can collapse into nothing because his mere existence speaks volumes of what may or may never happen in the future.

This involuntary impingement of their sense of security caused them to take action.

"Gojo Satoru, right?" The head of the Zen'in clan inquired.

"Yeah, and?" He replied with a spunk, head tilted, and eyes to the ceiling.

"Ya disgraceful child. Be glad that you were born a male." The gray-haired male said in spite. "You need to start respecting the upper ups... or else, yar gonna have to watch your back from now on."

No one knew of the extent of his abilities since he refused to disclose any information about himself. So the way he responded to the old man's threat completely rattled everyone's view of him.

"I can watch you from anywhere. So watch yours instead." Their eyes made contact. Flickering. Flickering like the candlelit fire illuminating the room. "Good luck though."

After so many months of teaching the young boy to 'kneel' for them, he just wouldn't bend. Problematic, that's what he is, at least to them.

But then, another problem arose.

"What?! Another one?!" Sounds of shattered glass rang throughout the Zen'in estate. With furious eyes, the clan head took another gulp directly from the bottle of liquor—too intoxicated and vexed to even believe such news. "Didn't they say that only one of them can be present? Are you sure this isn't some funny crafted news? I'll wring your neck if it is." His anger reverberated inside the room and another clang of broken glass sounded a few feet away from the servant; who shivered pitifully.