6 - Green

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

I think eggs are my favorite food.

They're good but sometimes when I'm eating them, I lose my appetite because I don't realize I'm eating an egg and that's kind of gross, but then I add like ketchup to it and it makes them better. Ketchup and eggs are pretty good. They're, like, the unexpected combo that's surprisingly super good.

I'm forced to abandon my eggs and ketchup combo when someone rudely knocks on my door in the other room. I shovel as many as I can in my mouth before I huff and get up from the table to rush over to the door.

Luckily, it's just Henry at the door so I don't worry about whatever I might have on my face. He doesn't strike me as the type to judge.

Henry kindly smiles at me. "Good afternoon, miss." He greets, reminding me of my shit sleep schedule.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. "Hi, Henry." I smile, delighted to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"Mr. King would like to see you."

I nod at him, pretending like I care. "Well, I don't want to see Mr. King." I smile sweetly. Henry raises an eyebrow. I sigh, dropping my shoulders. "Give me twenty minutes." I grumble. "Come in." I offer, stepping aside.

"Oh that won't be necessary, Miss. I'll wait out here."

"Come on, it's okay." I take Henry's hand and tug him inside with a laugh. Henry lets me lead him to my living room and stands right beside the couch with his hands behind his back, far too polite. "I'll be quick." I promise, turning and leave him there.

What if he snoops?

Oh, who cares. I don't really have anything he'd find interesting. He's probably around rich people things all the time, I have nothing he'd want.

__________

"Come along, Miss. Mr. King doesn't like to wait." Henry causally says as he leads me through the house. The house is large, but I don't think I'd call it a mansion.

I kind of assumed Nicolas would live in a giant mansion because well...the dude is loaded, but that doesn't mean the house isn't fairly big. And beautiful.

"Maeve."

I blink and move my attention away from my surroundings and to Nicolas as he walks up to us. He's glaring, as always.

I wonder if he knows he can get wrinkles from glaring like that. Someone has to have told him, right?

"I sent you to pick her up two hours ago." Nicolas points out, his glare aimed at Henry.

Henry nods, unfazed by the harsh look he's being given to him unfairly. "The Miss was a little...." Henry trails off as he glances at me, struggling to find the right word.

I smile widely at Nicolas, hoping to redirect his frustration to me instead of poor Henry. "Do you like my dress?" I ask, holding the bottom of my dress out at my sides to show it off.

Henry doesn't deserve the glares. He's sweet and gentle. Like a grandpa. Well..not to say that Henry is a grandpa. Though, I guess he is old enough to be my dad.

"It's too short."

I frown at him and look down at my dress. "It's my favorite." I defend it. It's not even short, he's dramatic.

Nicolas raises a brow. "That is your favorite dress?" I frown a little more at his tone while he starts at my dress.

"I think it's a lovely dress, Miss." Henry softly smiles, placing his hand on my shoulder to comfort me.