15 - Babysitting Duty

♕𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚔♕

"Nicolas!"

I sigh and Maeve appears in the doorway of the bathroom, I glance at her as I continue to brush my teeth. "My head hurts." She complains.

I spit into the sink and turn the water on, cleaning my face a bit. "I know it does." She had a few drinks last night. Not as many as Lena though. I'm starting to agree with the others, she has a problem.

She grabs her own toothbrush and starts to brush her teeth. "When you're done, lay down. I'll get medicine." I instruct.

I flick her head on my way out.

"You're so mean!" Maeve groans. I smile to myself and head down to the kitchen.

Mason is there too. He grabs a napkin and hands it to me, it has some medicine on it. He also hands me a bottle of water. "Your sister is fucking insane." Mason mumbles. He looks like he's seen things.

I nod. "Good luck." I head back up the stairs. Maeve is face down on the bed when I walk back into the room. "Maeve." She just grunts in response. "Get up."

"Say please."

"You're going to suffocate yourself."

"Say please."

"Maeve, get your ass up." I scoff. Maeve groans but she rolls over and takes a deep breath.

"My perfect ass." She corrects as she sits criss cross on the bed. I hand her the napkin with the medicine and the water bottle.

"Sure."

Maeve yawns after she swallows it, I take the napkin from her as well as the water bottle. I put them on the nightstand for now. "Nicolas, I want to do something today." She announces.

"What do you want to do?" I walk over to my bag and start to take out a few clothes.

"I want to go to the pet store."

"The pet store?" I ask. She nods. "Why?"

"Well, sometimes it gets lonely at my house. I was thinking about maybe getting a hamster or like a little guinea pig." Maeve smiles to herself. "I want to learn more."

Those things are fucking disgusting. They have beady little eyes and get lost in the most random spots.

"Don't you have, like, Olivia or something to keep you company?"

Maeve laughs a little. "Well, yeah. But she can't be there all the time." She explains. "Besides, I've always wanted one of those. My parents always told me no when I was younger so now is my chance to get one." Maeve shrugs. "Who knows, what if my future husband hates those little guys?"

"Who cares if he hates them." I scoff. Maeve looks confused so I continue. "He can hate them while buying the food and toys for them." Maeve starts to laugh which makes me want to smile.

"So, hypothetically, if I were your wife,"

Hypothetically.

"and you absolutely hated like...dogs or something. Like you'd rather die then have a dog." Maeve laughs as she explains. "But I wanted one. Would you let me get one?"

"Yes."

Maeve blinks. I don't think she expected me to answer so quickly. "But remember, you hate their guts." She reminds.

"I do. Dogs can go fuck themselves. They're idiots, they're loud, and they have too much energy." I shrug. "But if you wanted one then fine. Get one. What am I going to do? Complain all day like a little bitch?" Maeve smiles and shakes her head.