17 - Good

♕𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚔♕

I quickly sit up and look around the room.

Maeve sleeps soundly next to me.

Just a dream then.

I throw my legs over the side of the bed and get up up, quietly leaving the room and shutting the door behind me.

It kind of feels like I'm a kid again, waking up because of a nightmare and heading downstairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I walk into the kitchen and head over to a cupboard and grab a glass then turn the sink on and fill it up about halfway. As soon as I bring the glass to my lips, I feel a hand on the middle of my back and on my upper arm. I glance to my right and see Maeve rest her head on my shoulder. She's half asleep and her hair is a bit of a mess and she's still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

"Why are you awake?" Maeve yawns, glancing at me. I drink a bit of my water then set it down by the sink. Maeve lets go of me and backs up to jump up on the kitchen island, I lean up against the sink, putting my hands on either side of me.

"Had a bad dream." I vaguely explain. Maeve frowns at me. "Don't tell me you're sorry." I quickly tell her. Maeve huffs.

"I wasn't going to." Maeve mumbles. I watch her fiddle with the wood of the counter.

Liar.

"Okay, Maeve." I nod. Maeve glares at me. Her half asleep glare.

"What was your nightmare about?"

I shrug. "Dunno. I forget my dreams." Maeve frowns at me but she accepts it.

"Well, come back to bed then." Maeve yawns. She grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the stairs.

"Don't say it like that." I whisper. Maeve looks confused and continues to pull me towards our room.

She's going to drive me crazy.

__________

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

When I wake up, I'm pretty much on top of Nicolas. He doesn't really seem to mind seeing as he's hugging me like I'm a teddy bear.

"Nicolas," I yawn. He only grunts in response. "Let me go." I lightly laugh.

"Go back to sleep." Nicolas grumbles, he rolls over and ends up on top of me. Well..kind of. It seems like he's careful of not directly laying on me, but he's on top of me enough to where I can't get up.

"Nicolas, you said you wanted to leave early so we could get home before it gets dark." I explain. Nicolas doesn't answer me for a while.

"Shut up." Nicolas demands. He digs his face in my shoulder and I think he falls back asleep.

"Nick."

"Fine." Nicolas huffs. He rolls over on his back and stares at the ceiling for a few seconds before getting up and off the bed. He walks into the bathroom.

"I'm going to change out here!" I call out. I hear him hum in response. Actually, it's more of a grunt.

I walk over to my bag and grab my clothes. I quickly change then head over to the door. When I get downstairs, I see Martha making pancakes. She smiles at me. "Morning, Maeve. I know you and Nick want to leave early so here. I want you two to eat before you leave." She explains. She sets a plate with two perfect pancakes on it. Absolutely drenched in syrup.

"Oh my god." I groan as I grab a fork. Martha laughs and slides a cup of orange juice.

"Morning, Nick." Martha greets. I hear Nicolas mumble something from behind me.