39 - Rude

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

"Nick!" I yell as I burst into the room.

Nick only spares me a quick glance before his attention moves back to his computer screen. I shrug that off and walk further into the room, taking a seat on the chair across from him.

I wait for him to acknowledge me again.

...

"Nathan gave me the day off."

"Great."

I smile. "It is! I'm not sure what I did to deserve it."

"Awesome." Nick mumbles, keeping his eyes on his computer.

I frown a little. "Yeah." I quietly agree. I shake that off too.

Nick hasn't been in the best mood since lunch time. I'm not sure what happened, honestly. Every time I try to ask, he dismisses me.

For now, I choose to keep my mouth shut and wait for him to acknowledge me. I said I'd do that a second ago and I failed less than fifteen seconds into it. But not this time.

I'll wait.

"You know, if—"

"Maeve," Nick interrupts me. He lets out a deep breath and rubs his eyes. "I'm trying to work. I have a head ache and I can't listen to you rant about random shit right now, okay?"

I pause but I slowly nod. "My bad."

"I'm sure there's, like, ice or something in the kitchen. You should go get some." He suggests.

"..Yeah. Probably. I'll go get myself some." I quietly decide. Nick nods and looks at his computer while I get up and leave the room.

Well, that was a bit of a fail.

I head into the kitchen and open the freezer, grabbing a little container of rocky road ice cream. It has the name Dave written on it but I don't really care.

Sorry, Dave.

I grab a spoon and head across the hall.

"Oh—Maeve." Nathan jumps a little when I open the door. "Uh..don't get me wrong, Princess. I love your company. I do. But I'm kind of—"

"I'll be quiet." I promise as I sit down on the chair across from him. I pull my knees to my chest and start to eat Dave's ice cream.

Nathan stares at me. "Okay, again, I love your company, Princess." He smiles. "But..wouldn't you rather spend time with your husband thing?"

"He's my boyfriend, not my husband." I lightly laugh.

Nathan shrugs. "Same thing."

"And I don't think he wants to spend time with me right now. I think I'll just leave him be."

Nathan cringes a little. "I was hoping you'd fix him."

"Fix him?"

"Yeah..Dad and him got into it when you went out and got me that sandwich thing." Nathan explains. "He's pissed off. I was hoping you'd fix that."

"Oh." I mumble. "I don't think I can." I lift a shoulder.

"Can you try?" Nathan huffs. I roll my eyes at him.

"No." I scoff. "I'll just leave him be for now. I don't think he wants me in there with him right now anyways."

"What? He always wants you in there." Nathan crosses his arms. "He comes to my office to complain when I send you out."