41 - Cats

♕𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚔♕

Maeve is still sleeping when I wake up so I quietly slide out of bed. Malikai follows me as I walk out of the room and head for the kitchen, softly shutting the door behind me. "Malikai, get away from me." I demand.

The fucker ruined the mood yesterday.

Malikai simply follows me.

"Your mom may love you unconditionally, but I don't."

Malikai just sits there. His eyes slowly move in different directions which makes me shiver. I look away from him and start to look for things to have for breakfast.

Creepy ass dog.

"Malikai, stop watching me. Go get momma." I demand. Malikai sits still for a second before turning around and leaving the room.

That stupid little dog has grown on me. It's gotten so bad that I have actually started talking to him. I blame her for it, she practically forced me to get along with the thing.

"Malikai!" I hear Maeve whine. Malikai starts to bark.

"Can we get rid of him now?"

"I'm seriously considering it!"

I laugh and look over at the doorway to see Maeve walk up, holding Malikai. She scowls at him and sets him down then makes her way to me, I hold my hand out and she takes it. "G'morning." I murmur, I dip my head down and kiss the spot under her ear.

Maeve hums and tilts her head to the side a little, her hands rest on my chest. "Hey," She puts a little bit of pressure on my chest so I back up slightly. "You didn't make breakfast, did you?" She asks. I shake my head and she smiles. "Great, I was thinking we could go get breakfast maybe?" She asks, her eyes don't quite meet mine.

"Are you really embarrassed now?" I chuckle as I move to the right slightly to be in her line of view.

"Shut up, Nick." Maeve grumbles as she looks at the ground. "You wanna go get breakfast with me or not?"

"Breakfast sounds great." I hum. My hands slip down to the back of her thighs and I lift her up onto the counter.

Maeve watches me as I dip my head down.

__________

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

Nick looks smug as he rests his chin in the palm of his hand, sitting across the table from me. "Stop it." I demand, crossing my arms.

"Stop what? I'm not doing anything, sweetheart."

"You're looking at me all smug."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Stop." Nick just smiles at me.

I haven't been able to completely meet his eyes. After last night and this morning, I'm a little...embarrassed. I mean, he saw everything.

And the sad part is, I can't use him not seeing anything against him anymore.

"Nick, I'm going to get up from this table and leave you just like I did when we first met if you don't stop looking at me like that."

Nick scowls now. "That was low." He grumbles as he takes a sip of his soda.

"Poor baby." I tease.