11 - Cookie

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

I walk out of the bathroom and stare at Nicolas. He sits on the edge of the bed, staring at the tv. But his gaze flicks over to me when he notices I've come into the room. "What?" He asks when I frown at him.

"I just lost my bikini top in the ocean."

He waves me off carelessly. "I'll buy you a new one." He dismisses.

"I embarrassed myself!"

Nicolas simply shrugs like it's nothing. "So? It was just Lena and I. Lena will keep her mouth shut about it." He assures. I still shake my head and come closer to climb up onto the bed. "You're still sharing this with me?" He asks, changing the subject completely. Slowly, I nod. He nods back and looks to the tv again.

"Nicolas?"

"Nick."

"Dick?" I ask. Nicolas gives me a side glare briefly then looks back at the tv. I smile at him the whole time. "Thank you." I sigh.

Nicolas looks away from the tv again. "For what?" He mumbles, eyebrows bunched up in confusion.

I smile at him. "One, you saved me from the swimsuit robbery." I laugh. "And two, you saved me from upside down kiss—"

"Spider-Man kiss."

I smile a little wider. "Spider-Man kiss." I repeat. He nods at me.

"You're welcome." Nicolas says. His gaze lingers on me for a little longer before he goes back to watching the tv. I glance at it then back at him.

I clear my throat. "So, this sleeping thing." I begin. Nicolas glances at me when I start crawling further up the bed and closer to him so I can lean up against the headboard.

"What do you want to do?"

I think for a moment. "Sleep on the bed."

Nicolas nods at that. "What do you want me to do."

I hesitate. "...Sleep on the bed?" I quietly answer, unsure of what else to say.

Nicolas cocks his head back at me. "You don't sound so sure about that." He points out.

I laugh. "I don't care if you sleep here with me." I confidently decide. Just two people who don't like each other—Oh wait. No.

He's my friend now. 

Just two friends who don't like each other sharing a bed.

Nicolas nods at me, leaning against the headboard beside me. "We good?" He asks. I nod. "Great, the couch fucking sucks." He grumbles.

"You cuss so much."

Nicolas scoffs at me. "I'm twenty-eight." He reminds. "What do you want me to do? Swear like a ten year old?"

I smile still, nodding quickly. "Yeah."

"Go freak yourself." Nicolas decides, his voice flat and completely serious.

I start to laugh, unable to help it. Nicolas sits quietly next to me, not even smiling. He looks down at his lap while I laugh. "Smile, you big grump." I order with a giggle.

Nicolas frowns. "I'm not a grump."

I smile wider. "You are. You don't smile and you don't laugh." I reason, shaking my head at him.

"I joke." Nicolas argues with a huff.

"Most of your jokes suck." I dismiss, waving him off. I smile and reach over so I can pinch his cheeks, making a smile on his face. "Look. That's how you do it." I tell him, smiling widely as I pull my hands away. Nicolas's 'smile' drops, he scowls at me. I sigh, dropping my hands onto my lap. "Will you smile if I call you 'Nick'?" I ask, willing to try.