30 - Dye

𖧷𝙼𝚊𝚎𝚟𝚎𖧷

Word of advice:

If a man ever asks you to 'stay one more night', say no.

I've been at Nicolas's house for almost two weeks now because of those four words.

One more night my ass!

But it's fine. When Nick comes back, I'm going to tell him I'm going home. It's fine.

"Maeve?"

Look! There he is now.

I get off the couch to tell him goodbye, finding him in the kitchen. I'm about to say it but he turns to me and gives a little smile. "You're still here." He points out. He holds out a bouquet of pink roses.

Awww, he brought me flowers!

"Aww," I smile as I take them. "I'm still going home." I hum as I play with one of them.

"Damn it."

"Yeah..not changing my mind that easy. But these are pretty." I laugh. Nick sighs, defeated, but he still smiles a little at me. "How'd you know I liked the pink roses?"

"You told me."

"I did?"

"You did."

Huh.

"Well, they're beautiful. Thank you." I smile at him and fix one of the roses.

"You're beautiful."

"Aww," I murmur. "Still not changing my mind."

Nick groans. "Come on." He huffs. I laugh and set the flowers down on the counter, reaching up to kiss him before pulling away.

"I have to go." I announce. Malikai runs over to me to say goodbye. "Bye, Nick. Bye Malikai." I smile as I grab my duffel bag from the living room. Nick follows me to the door.

"One mor—"

"Nope." I smile at him. Nick glares at me. "You'll be fine. You'll come visit me at work tomorrow, won't you?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful. I know you got them to convince me but still." I laugh as I glance down at them.

"That wasn't the only reason." Nick insists. I laugh and cup his face with one hand, giving him another quick kiss.

"Okay, bye, idiot! See you later." I call as I head for my car.

"You're the idiot, fucking idiot." Nick scoffs. I just laugh at him. He's bitter.

"I love you!" I call out as soon as I shut my car door. Yeah...I haven't had a chance to say that yet. I figured I'd just...say it now, I guess?

I decide against glancing at Nick to see his reaction to that. Knowing him, he probably doesn't care anyways.

I glance over at the flowers on the passenger seat. They really are beautiful. I don't remember telling him those were my favorite, but I don't doubt that I did. I'm just surprised he remembered.

__________

I set my duffel bag down on the couch then take the roses to the kitchen to find a vase. On the way here, my phone buzzed but I was a little busy driving to check it.

Idiotic Man: I love you.

Oh.

I changed his name on my phone which makes me laugh.